Suggest some solos

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by bhau, Dec 1, 2004.

1. bhau

bhau New Member

can anyone suggest some solos to practice......
    anything from easy to bit challenging ones not too hard...

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Try the intro solo played by Kirk to Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metallica. It's one of the first solos I learnt and it gives you a good practice in common soloing techniques such as alternate picking, sweep picking, slides etc.

3. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

try these...(u should b knowing atleast bending quite well..)

sum 41 - the hell song (there wud b more like this one..do some research. i dun listen to this kind ;) )
    metallica - nothing else matters
    metallica - the unforgiven
    Guns n roses - knockin' at heaven's door (1st solo atleast)
    metallica - welcome home(sanitarium), like death_metal_fan said..
    can't remember of more...

4. Heinous

Heinous New Member

the process

Im learning the guitar myself and over the months i have i have seen that the best way to improve one's soloing powers is to NOT blindly play other ppl's solos.I mean yeah u should be influenced but try to be as imaginative as u can.This is how i do it..

Record some chord progression on whatever u have ..if u have a PC then its awesome..otherwise a tape will do

Noe think up of some small tune in ur head and implement it on the first chord of the progression... u know.. use all the scales u know ..expand!!!

and add some bits and pieces to the tune to extend it over the other chords

to really extend the solo u might want to add runs in between the tunes u have.... start with a straight out scale but as u go along be imaginative...do double runs..triplets whatever man.. be inspired

personally speakin..i jam a lot on the typical maiden progression of Em C D B... which is easy to do and ROCKS man!

Enjoy!!!
    :rock:

5. 6String_assasin

^^^
    thats right, and a good suggestion..very good for practicing soloing unless u were asking for pre-recorded solos..

6. Heinous

Heinous New Member

oh yeah ... ofcourse .. i cant say more abt the necessity of accurate bending... dun bend juss for the heck of it ... bend it like Murray... anyway ..
    the best way to see if ur bending it correctly is to try to match the sound of the note u want to bend to WITH the actual note itself... not only tha matures ur ears.. well .. it improves ur bending..
    I guess if u try Wasting Love by Maiden .. thats a prety good example of controlled bend and release ... easy solo as well as easy song.. melodic as hell.. try it

7. Heinous

Heinous New Member

pre recorded... hmm

my list of faves will be :

Wasting Love : Iron Maiden
    Sweating Bullets : Megadeth (Its one of a kind solo man)
    Fade 2 Black : Metallica (The first two solos..last one is WHEW!!)

umm and yeah... the intro solo of sanitarium was mine FIRST too :think: i see a pattern emerging

:rock:

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

easiest solo.. man who sold the world cover by nirvana from their unplugged ep.
    u can play it with one finger :p: and u feel good after u play it.

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

u cud try the stairway to heaven solo(my favourite):)

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

isnt that banned?

11. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

isnt what banned?

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dude that was a take on wayne's world.. where the 2 dudes go to guitar center.. pick a guitar.. and sure enough like any tom dick and harry he starts plays the stairway riff for probably the zillionth time..
    the GC center dude shows a sign on the way which says.. NO STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN :p:

13. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

haha that's amazing because the guitar store down here named Long&McQuade has a signboard in their shop which says in big bold letters:

No 'Enter Sandman' or 'Stairway To Heaven'
    And no more Nirvana please.

14. 6String_assasin

LOl...
    Long&McQuade, i've heard the name.

15. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

here in kolkata the thing that you always hear in guitar shops is the intro progresssion of hotel california.

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

had gone to Guitar Center today, 10-11 yr old kid was shredding on a parker fly :shock: was amazing i wish i were 11 and be able to play like that...

17. tejas

tejas ..........

Easy solos? Try the solo in Californication - RHCP. Very easy.
    And then, for some metal, the solos in Countdown to extinction - Megadeth.
    Thats very easy too. And then, for acoustic players, the solo in Broken - Seether.
    It sounds great and is very easy.