Suggess me for my custom guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cdeff, Dec 5, 2005.

1. cdeff

cdeff New Member

Hi every body..I am a new member...I wan a custom made electric guitar which is just like world class guitar and long lasting...I asked both Tulsi and Harmony(who made Tansen)...But dunno which one is good??
    I heard a lot about Tulsi because of U guys...I Want to know how are the guitars made by Tulsi...What kind of wood and hardware he can use???
    Suggess me which i should go for-Tulsi or Harmony???????

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Send me the specifications for Tulasi.. I'll get the guitar done.. For lesser..

3. cdeff

cdeff New Member

hi dude, thanx...
    my specification is as follows;

body: alder
    neck:bolt-on-maple with rosewood fingerboard(dot inlays)
    pickup:H+S+H
    bridge:floydrose
    scale:25.5"/22frets(jumbo fret)
    switch:5 way switch

i want the guitar shape as john petrucci's model of dream theater

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey u havent mentioned wht pickups u want ... and whts ur sort of playing ...
    if u r into metal .. go for EMG ...

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Does the Tulsi guy have EMG's or any other for that matter.

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey that guy is funny he says the korean pickups he puts are the best ...
    He told me his is better than EMG ......
    And he wasnt happy when ronnie said he put dimarzio removing his pickups !!!!!

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Use something like DiMarzio PAF Pro, DiMarzio Fred or Seymour Duncan SH4 JB Model. They are pretty versatail and can be used for everything from Blues to Metal. Great pickups.

8. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

buddies is it betta to make a custom or buy a ready made

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

depends on the money u wanna spend !!!!
    But i prefer coustom made if i have some 15 k ...
    if i have 80 k ... again coustom made from ESP !!!!!
    if i have some thing less than 5 k .. i wud get a givson ........

10. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

nanda i eva heard abt givson.......is it good in plyin

11. Luthier

Luthier New Member

@cdeff
    I would suggest u get a neck-through-body design. Really will give u tremendous sustain. Get some decent shape and not a flashy one. Custom made's are for a lifetime and get a shape to die for playing. Do not get black finish but just clear wood finish. It just compliments the guitar and the wood better.
    Pickups...... put whatever u want n which suits ur sound.
    Regards
    Luthier

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

BETTER DONT ....... The pickups are bad .....
    and even the fret board is not very impressing ... I havent seen many givsons but .. i know this for sure ....
    Better to go for a Tulsi ........ Or a Tansen if u can find one .. It'll be a bit more exp ... but worth it .......

13. cdeff

cdeff New Member

hi everybody
    thanx for ur post...my budged is only 15k..i cant afford dimarzio or EMG..there is no problem if he puts his korean pick up...i'll change later...i used to play blues and metal
    My worried about TULSI is that the wood he is using...we all know that worl class guitar has body wood like alder,mahogany etc...i dunno how is the wood he is using....
    Also the fretboard...is there any wrong fretted or how is the impression on the fredboard?

14. ronnieanand

Get a Tulasi one. He quotes about 9K and it will be worth it. Tansens are about 12K to 15K and it's crap for that money. Get a brand new Tansen if you get for 5K to 6K. That's all they are worth. Tansen uses Indian Ash for Body, so this Alder, Mahagony story dont work with Tansen too. If you can spend 15K, spend 3K extra and get yourself a Washburn N2. It has Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, 22 Frets, Licensed Floyd Rose and has a very decent tone.

I agree with Luthier. Neck Through or Set Neck gives great natural sustain.

15. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Albertos in Mumbai does any wood you want...I speced out a mahogany body, maple top and quilt maple veneer with a rosewood neck and ebony FB...15k +plus pickups which is damn good i think

16. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey cool dude ....... Could u do me a favour if possible ... Can u get a quotation for a mahagony wood for an explorer and a gene simmons axe ....... And the headstock .....

17. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I dont think he cares about shapes and all....all shapes are almost equal work...should be n the same range..12-15 but i'll aks for sure
    neck/FB/construction details?

18. ronnieanand

The axe should be sharp and dripping with blood preferably. It's okay even if there are no Fretboard or strings but the axe and EMG pickups are very important. ;) :think:

19. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

:p: :p: :p: :p:

20. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Crap .. That made me laugh loud in office .. !!!!!! Really !!!!!
    But why dont u help me with the specs ????????