stupid McAfee !!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by harmonizer, Jun 1, 2011.

1. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

hello folks..

When I bought my laptop it came along with Win7HP and McAfee antivirus (15months)
    I use several VST plugins for my music stuffs...and all are cracked versions
    and what McAfee does is deletes all my cracked .dll & .exe files

if i turn off real time scanning then the problem is temporarily solved but i weakens my security too...

does any1 knows to add exceptions to this stupid anti-virus? i've checked forums but dint find what they were suggesting. i've paid for this shit so i want to use it till it ends.

any geek here?

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

The best is to use a pc without any kind of antivirus, firewalls, anti spyware progs installed!
    If you can afford, just use a pc only for music purposes and one for your other needs.
    On my music pc there are only music progs installed, it isn't even connected to the internet!!

4. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

One thing you need to be aware of is when you use a computer without any sort of protection, no matter what you shouldn't use CD's, USB's hard drives or any other sort of external data device.

All these can carry virus in one form or other, which can corrupt your system.

The above links look good, you can try that option !

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Or try Linux.
    Ubuntu Studio is a good bet.

6. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

@keoraf...thanx fir the link yaar :)...personally i own a laptop. there is a pc in my home too...but my sister will kill me if i behave as some hyderabadi nawaab :p:

@super-man.....yes,,,mostly pen drives...they are the best careers of worms..

@alpha....i have used ubuntu 10.10
    but cant use my host DAW without 'wine' which doesnt let my DAW to perform well

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Of course you'll have to use WINE to run Windows programs.

But I advised Ubuntu Studio because it comes with its own DAW = Ardour
    Which is similar to Pro-tools.

You may stop depending on buggy Windows and expensive Mac forever.

Frankly the equivalent of Ubuntu Studio (with all its applications) will cost you a bomb if you decide to purchase them legally (which you probably won't since you are an Indian ;) )

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Super-Admin, i meant my second computer, my music pc, this pc is just for my music and nothing else.
    All the software installed is coming from my other and (well) protected pc! So every virus, malware, spyware is being recognized and removed.
    The music pc has to be free from any kind of software that can disturb the music software when running, if you understand what i try to say.
    Most, maybe all, kind of antivirus progs are continuously running in the background, this isn't good when you are running your DAW and lots of VST-instruments as weird things can happen.
    But ofcourse you are right, if you have just one pc, it has to be protected well!

9. suha52

suha52 New Member

i didnt have used this ....