Stumped by the Scale of CHURA LIYA

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Jay Gandhi, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Jay Gandhi

Jay Gandhi New Member

Hey folks;

Most of the Guitar enthusiasts in India will always try to get their hands on CHURA LIYA.

We know that the main chords are A minor, G major, E major

Now while tabbing we figure out that best place to start is A note. and subsequently we get B, C, D, E,G as main notes

Then on further tabbing we get C# note, then G#. This is the place where Guitar Math is boggling me.

Major scale basically has 7 notes as 8th one repeats itself.

Our song has 8 notes (A B C D E G C# and G#)

So I am racking my brains as to what is the scale of the song!

if we allow a little leeway we can say except for C note all falls into place for A major scale

But from where did this 8th note arrive!!!!

Does the scale change in Antra?

2. raga2303

raga2303 Member

This is harmonic minor scale (raised 7th note by half tone - therefore E instead of Em).. It will also change scale of A major in " hai dil le ke mujh ko na behlana" then switching back to Am in next line..

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The scale is A minor.
    In the run of A natural minor you will not come across E Major chord. (because you have G note in the A minor, not G# - therefore the chord should be E Minor).

HOWEVER, this doesn't happen in real life; to the western classical maestros E major "sounded" much better compared to E minor while playing in the key of A minor when resolving to the root. They named the new scale born out of such means as Harmonic minor.

So what we have here is A harmonic minor scale. Where one encounter E major chord.

And this is the reason why A minor is not exactly equivalent to the C major - though both contain the same notes. The reason being C major chord progression sounds great using E minor chord, whereas A minor chord progression sounds great with E major chord (though honestly, I think E minor also sounds good - people making these rules were just plain stuck up)