Stuff for sale

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by raj.hendrix, May 18, 2007.

1. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

I got some stuff to sell. these are not required for the kind of sound i need, i'm not selling them because they're defected or anything.

Korg AX1500g multi-fx guitar processor
    Price: Rs. 8000
    Age: 1 and a half years old, a few scratches here and there. works perfectly

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion analog guitar effects pedal
    Price: Rs. 3700
    Age: about 3 months old, perfect condition. barely used 3-4 times.

Boss CS-3 Compressor/Sustainer analog guitar effects pedal
    Price: Rs. 3700

Morley Wah/Volume/Distortion analog guitar effects pedal
    Price: Rs. 3400
    Age: about 1 year old, perfect condition. rarely used it.

In case anyone planning an analog rig, they can have the last 3 analog pedals for Rs. 10000

All prices are negotiable.

Interested people contact me at rajarshi.hendrix@gmail.com or call me at 09818779411.

I live in Delhi.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I want SD-1.

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i want ur sansamp tri-ac :) wat say? exchange? i give u the analog stuff im selling, u give me sansamp

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL, I want SD-1 for using ON tri-ac.
    SD-1 on its own is pretty weak for anything :p:

PS: Which band you play for?

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Ah, but it comes into its own in front of a tube amp. This baby and the TS are almost identical and you'll never really appreciate them for their true value until you put them in front of a tube.

I'd love to have one actually but I've already built my TS clone :p:

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Thats pretty much hte reason why I wanna use it in front of my Tri-ac.
    Its got good grittyness and mid hump.

And it also robs few bass frequencies, thereby tightening your final distortion.

Hey Talkien, does the "asymmetric" clipping of SD-1 makes it different from symmetric clipping of TS, when you are usign it to overdrive your t00b amp?

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I made the TS clone with the option to switch between symmetric and asymmetric clipping. I can't tell you how they sound yet coz it's not yet complete. The borads done but the offboard stuff is still left. I'm waiting on the footswitch, just talking to pedalpartsplus now, I should have some switches soon so I'll let you know when I wire it all up.

I planned for both options because I will have both Single Ended and Push Pull amps. PP amps cancel out even order harmonics so i might need Asym clipping if I want a floppy bluesy sound there. It should be very interesting though. But given the harmonic richness I'm already getting with just the tubes I'm not yet sure what it will sound like so I just made it switchable

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey Tallkien, where can I find decent pots and knobs in SP Road? I tried my luck again yesterday, but everybody has the same plastic shaft 16mm Philips pots and super cheesy knobs. Some shopkeepers told me I could find BEL made AC127s, but nobody really had it in stock. I have started some breadboarding on simple boosters, and they sound promising(though on my small SS amp, it can sound a bit "hard")

Are you directly importing the switches from pedalpartsplus?

EDIT: What are you using in the TS? LEDS or Ge diodes or (2+1) IN4148s ?

9. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

i bought the pots at Famous. He had a few 1/4" metal shaft 500k logs that I needed, Knobs I'll buy buy in bombay, Try Om electronics for knobs, he might have some. Some Audiophiles are getting metal knobs made somewhere but those can be expensive. Give me an example of what you're looking for and I'll see if I find it somewhere. I've bought some chicken Head knobs for the amps.

For the TS i used the stock GGG BOM. Not sure what they have in there and yes I'm importing the switches direct

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I tried Om, Vishal, Amar Radio and all sorts of shops. Vishal has some passable heavy duty chicken heads and round knobs. BTW, if you are looking for somewhat decent Boss style knobs( black with silver top), Amar Radio has it...ask for Elcom KL20/25. I might pick up some of these. He also has 24mm metal shaft Philips pots, but it was too big for a pedal..should fit in an amp. He also has imported BI Technologies pots, but its about 150 bucks a piece:shock:

Also I found some good 1/4" mono input jacks at a shop called Radiotronics. He says they are Taiwan made..cost 45 bucks a piece. No stereo jacks though.

Attached Files:

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The third pic is the Amar Radio Boss style knobs I was talking about. The others are the kind I am looking for but couldn't find.

Attached Files:

12. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Aw damn, I could use those shorting jacks. Trouble is I'm leaving for bombay in a couplle of hours. I've heard rumours of Neutriks available there, will
    check...if not I'll ask you to go shopping for me
    Btw those first two types of knobs are available in mumbai, I'll send you some if you need

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have heard that the same shop had neutrik 1/4" male sockets for making cables. He doesnt have Neutrik jacks, the ones I got are the best available there. How much are those cream knobs in Mumbai? I love cream knobs on dark coloured pedals.

PM me your email ID:)

14. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

don't you know I could get banned for sending you my email ...lol

I'll find out the cost and let you know...btw I happen to be on your buddy list IIRC :)

15. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i play for an rock, funk and blues band called Hypnosis :)

and a lot of interesting discussion going on here. too bad its OFF TOPIC!! now shoo! all of you!

bleh! i got so happy when i saw 13 replies to my thread...bastids!

16. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Hey! just because you start a thread doesn't mean you own it. Any question on a forum deserves an answer...so what if it happens to be here.

And you'll have better luck selling stuff after exam/entrance season is over anyways so hang in there

17. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ He's right. And continuing with the off-topic conversation, how's the amp thing coming along tallkien? i understand you're building another one for a friend in exchange for a guitar. Good luck with all that.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Cool, I am from Delhi (and visit atleast for a week in few months), lesse if you give me permission to check out your band.

:p:

19. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

sure man...we have a gig with The Superfuzz tomorrow at Picaddelhi, PVR Plaza, CP 8 pm onwards. Hope to see you there :)

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Arre dude, I meant I am from Delhi, but don't live there.
    But visit the place now n then.