Stuck!! HELP~~!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by saurabh_taurian, Dec 25, 2007.

1. saurabh_taurian

saurabh_taurian New Member

Hi IGT's. I've been playing guitar for 1 and a half years now. Though i don't have any teacher, i've learned everything from all you masters out here. And i'm really thankful for that. Now, the problem is that im stuck at a certain point and i can't progress. I'm not able to improve my speed, moreover i don't know which step to take further.

Let me tell you all what i know.....

i know C major scale and it's relative minor....
    Infact i know all major scale and its relative minor.
    The problem is i don't know how to put them together to compose a melody or to make an arpeggio.

So if anyone can suggest me what step should i take further??

2. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

play triplets and ladders in all the scales in various positions over the fretboard ..it'll comes handy in doing small lead parts + it'll add up to your warm up exercise.. also do alternative picking and alternative note playing ..it'll help you have the control over basic lead ..

3. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

^ Absolutely correct..

4. saurabh_taurian

hmmm...well thanks. But i have no idea what a triplet and ladder is. Can you provide me any link to these??

5. saurabh_taurian

Does triplet mean playing 3 notes....like c,d,e,,,,d,e,f,,,,e,f,g??

6. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

yeah ..ladder is 4 note play //

7. saurabh_taurian

Hey REBORN
    I keep on practicing these......any other way??
    and also how should i improve my listening skills??
    i mean i have problem figuring out solo's of song by just listening to them.

8. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

i hope you are not lissening to shred music xD
    i'll tell you what ..learn those triplets and ladders over different octavial positions over the fretboard and as for figuring out solos ..you have to know in which scale/key its being played and the chord progressions if any ..
    try experimenting different ways to play the same chord ..it'll help you when you get into arpegiating ..

9. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Don't bother at all, this is just a matter of practicing, practicing and practicing, just continue your way of practicing and continue figuring out the solo's by listening to them and someday you'll notice that you'll able to play the right notes.
    Ofcourse it isn't that simple as it sounds but i think this is the only way!!!
    Good luck man and take care!

10. saurabh_taurian

Thanks a lot all you out there.....really appreciate you all:)

11. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

hmm ..i feel keyboard players have a better year ..of all the people i've jammed with ..