Strumming Problem..

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ajs12902, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ajs12902

ajs12902 New Member

I'm trying to play Fm, E, D, E in a strumming pattern.. but my strum has alot of vibration.. sounds a lil noizy.. my fingers are postioned correctly from what i see.. could it be the way i flatten my finger? or is it.. the guitar.. lol.. tips n suggestions will be appreciated! thianks :nw:

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

its ur palying... jsut keep practising - ull get the hang of it

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

if u are playing barre chords then check the pressure of ur barre finger. else check whether the action is too low, if it is then try raising the bridge a bit.

4. ajs12902

ajs12902 New Member

yeah i am playing barre chords.. sorry but.. what do you exactly mean by " check whether the action is too low, if it is then try raising the bridge a bit". complete newbie here..
    and my pressure.. hmm.. i flatten my index finger pretty hard/tigh against the frets.. ..

5. deathdr_87

@sayanaka:

dont advise a newbie to fool around with the action and all before hes got his basic playing style right - its best to learn how to play chords properly and worry about action later... when u develop an individual style.

@ajs: - the only way to play them properly is by practising - keep at it - ull eventually find the best way to play the chords - a little piece of advice - hold the chord and then pick each individual note on the chord - ull see which one is getting muted and not sounding fully - then try and change how you are holding the chord to make sure that the muting is corrected and each note sounds right - keep at this till you get it right - ignore any advice trelling u to change anything with ur guitar - you should be able to play the basic chords on even the worst guitar in the world that has all its frets and strings...

once u ahve that right - there is a simple excercise to make sure that you get your fingers in the exact psoition quickly to switch chords...

place your hand in your lap and then straight move your fingers onto the chord.. - all together..

then check each note and see if it is playing right - if u keep at this practice - ull eventually be able to switch chords quckly enough.

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@deathdr
    sorry to say this but you should know that correcting the action of an acoustic guitar is way easier than playing barre chords. whatever you have said wont work if the action is wrong.
    @ajs
    pay attention to where you are holding the barre. for best results hold it just before the fret. that way you will get maximum efficiency.

7. ajs12902

ajs12902 New Member

thansk guys.. really appreciate it..

8. deathdr_87

ignore this post

9. ajs12902

ajs12902 New Member

why dont we ignore u? .. if ur not gona say anything positive.. bounce :mad: