strumming prob.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by amature, Nov 10, 2005.

1. amature

amature New Member

is there a proper way to learn strumming ?? I listen to the song get chords from the net , listen to the song n try to ply like it.i m playing "time of ur life" ... by green day in this song the strumming gets a bit messy in the middle of the song ... i cant figure out the exact pattern .. what to do in such cases??

2. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

if u are trying to learn struming in general go to this site. https://www.guitar.gg/strumming.html

but then again. i listened to that one ten times nice song . try dashboardconfessionals -a plain morning(july) pretty cool too .figure out the strum and let me know . i am working on green day might take me a day or two.

may the force be with u.

vini likes this.
  3. amature

amature New Member

:mad: y no one answering ??:annoyed:??
    :please: please reply

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@amature

did u even try that?? it can be very helpful if u take a look... (u'll find help on the green day song as well)

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  5. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

hey vish aswesome link man......

@ amature,best way to learn the strummin is by listenin the song time over time..listen to each note if u can and try to get the changes in the strummin pattern....it l take time,but eventually u l get it as u practice dude....

6. amature

amature New Member

hey cryptic .. i have problems in dowloading stuffs due to server prob. in our coll. the download is mostly not possible .. n when its spped is 1kb/s at the max... still i m trying to download it ... wating 4 other sugessions

7. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

well,
    for strumming u shd have a free hand movement..
    use ur arm than ur wrists..
    strum up and down...
    using both the strokes..
    try to play with the original track...as u listen to the original version u will come to know abt the struming changes required..

and ull be able to strum properly...

8. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

hye amature

i have got the mp3s from that site . but u are going to have the same problem trying to download them. if u want, it comes to around 5.6 mb. strumming alone is 760 kb try it. cant post it here limit is only 100 kb here give me your mail id ill post it to u.

u can atleast read what he has to say about the pattern.its simple DD/ UDU or do it as DD/UUd . play the pattern with the song first do DD then do UDU or UUd a little quickly . then change the chord .

9. amature

amature New Member

hey it will be gr8 ... i m giving u my mail id ... check ur inbox (personal messages) 4 that ... bye

10. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

hey u could have given ur email address on the thread itself .lol. maybe some chick would have got interested in u !!

ok i have sent u a mail . i hope it helps you . well i had a problem with learning that song i can either fingerpick or strum with a pick . so lots of time till i master it .

11. amature

amature New Member

hey thanx vish ... i know i m saying u a bit late ... bcaz first i wanted to practice ... its proving a gr8 help to me.. hey u find anything like that ... PLZ. MAIL ME .. :please: ... bye 4 now..

12. asif_rox

asif_rox New Member

mail me at asif_axle@yahoo.com i can send u some strumming patterns for few songs like basket case - green day, zombie - cranberries etc

13. zing

zing Machine Head

damn good site thanx

14. amature

amature New Member

hey really sorry 4 not replying u 4 so long ... welll .,... i m further sorry ... bcaz.. i will mail u when i reach coll. i m having vacation now .... so will mail u next year ... i m not having a comp. here so .... bye n thanx..