strumming pattern

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shailesh kuntal, Dec 31, 2011.

1. shailesh kuntal

shailesh kuntal New Member

guys i always have problem in jugding the strumming pattern of the songs... plz help me how can i solve this prob??

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

well what i do is...first play the song on your mobile ,pc (which ever gadget you use to listen to songs)...keep your guitar aside ....then play the exact beat with your right hand over your lap...as in you're playing tabla...remember only with your right hand and not left(provided you're a right handed guitar player...use the hand with which you do strumming) .then imitate the whole beat pattern which you played with your left hand over your strings with an up and down motion...hope it will help you

3. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

You can also get the feel of the song and let your arms move freely! First of, listen to the song in slowmotion on windows media player 11. Google how its done. After identify the pattern yourself and never look at tabs. If you're unable to do that, watch a cover on youtube or something. And im sure, after a while you'll get it right.
    You can -
    Learn a song called welcome to my life by simple plan on the guitar.
    Simple Plan - Welcome To My Life Acoustic Cover - YouTube

4 chords, pretty easy pattern too. That's the first song i learned. And trust me, if you start of by figuring songs out by ear from the start, you can be a pretty good guitarist in a year! You dont have to learn acoustic songs by ear (Kinda hard) but when you get an electric guitar, and when you learn greenday songs or something, make sure you figure out the powerchords by ear. It'll help you out a lot and help you improvise better!

4. Sumanovo razor

yeah tablature's suck...unless and until you hear the song you wont get the rhythm patterns..whereas in sheet music just sit with the sheet and without listening to the song one can easily get the rhythm patterns.thats why i prefer sheet music over tablature's...

5. Sumanovo razor

by a metronome if possible ...will cost you around 500bucks...

6. shailesh kuntal

thanx a lot frnd i will surely do that

7. shailesh kuntal

nice video amithkallupalam....:)

8. shailesh kuntal

hanx sumanovo razor.....thanx a lot

9. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

BTW dude I play that song :D.