Strumming help needed

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by moin_21, Jan 21, 2005.

1. moin_21

moin_21 New Member

hi,
    i have some problems in strumming chords
    is there anyone in this group can help me about this.

2. Dhoon Master

Dhoon Master New Member

tell me wht is ur problem in strumming?

3. moin_21

moin_21 New Member

i can change chords in good speed but the problem is-when it comes to play chords of a song i dont know how to play it. i mean how to strum the chords while playing a song.
    please help me solve this problem.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

thts easy, listen to the song, figure out the strumming pattern and then copy it.
    if u are having difficulty figuring out the pattern, ask us here!

5. moin_21

moin_21 New Member

i cant figure it and thats the main problem.
    please provide me with details.
    if you have any mp3 or such file,then please help me.

6. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

know what moin .. . there's no textbook way to figure out the strumming . you need to listen very carefully to the song. get the rhythm going in your mind. you must catch the rhythm really good otherwise you can't strum. with experience you'll understand to recognize the downward strum and upward strum . even if you don't exactly copy but you can get the strumming by catching the rhythm.

7. moin_21

moin_21 New Member

i have a question-should i strum all the stings at once or one after one or might two or three strings? i tried two or three strings with the combination of up and down strokes and they sound preety cool.

8. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

9. moin_21

moin_21 New Member

Thanks a lot bob

10. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

ur welcome moin , well most of the queries have already been solved here at IGT . we just need to use the search option and look out for them ...

@ everyone - before you post in any thread with a query , i would request everyone to kindly use the search option once , .... this is much faster way to solve ur problem then to create a thread with ur query and wait for someone to reply to it ..

cheers & rock on :rockon: