strumming for dooba dooba

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by cool_devil, Jan 30, 2005.

1. cool_devil

cool_devil New Member

hello friendz...can anyone plz tell me da chords and strumming pattern for the songs:
    Dooba dooba rehta hoon main
    hotel californai-Eagles

friendz can u plz tell me how shud i overcome da problem of strumming..i kno da chords and also can switch quite well between dem, but da only problem is wid strumming....plz HELP!! :please:

2. nikamma1112

nikamma1112 New Member

Hotel California ... you can play the Soul Rhythm ...

It goes as follows:

|Da Db DbUb DbUb Da Db _|
    1 2 3& 4& 5 6 _

where DbUb is played in one beat ... the counting is as shown above.

and both the places where you play Db, you should lift half a stroke, to get a "chakkkkkk" kinda sound (cannot exactly explain that in words :p: )

Works quite perfectly for me ... play each chord with this particular rhythm as you sing along.

- Raj.

P.S. Am not the best person to be advising you on strumming as I ain't on perfectly safe ground myself ... but the key is ... practise, practise, practise! And to determine the strumming pattern ... concentrate on the way the guitars go in the song ... for example, if you listen to the intro of Wonderwall, you will realise that it's very similar (not exactly same though) to the Soul rhythm which I posted above. If you cannot determine the rythm by that method, try concentrating on the drum beat ...

Even Tum Mile Dil Khile is the Soul rythm, though in that song, you need to go very slow ...

Playing along with the CD will always help ... Get to know the basic rhythms (I think there are 14-15 apart from Soul, from which around a million varieties can be derieved :-D)

3. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

check out bandbaaja's strumming tutorial... it's good and detail...but strumming is something u have to learn by actually watching someone play it...that's what i suggest...or if u r adventurous and have lots of free time... like i had in my engineering days :)...listen to the song over and over again and try it out urself.

4. cool_devil

cool_devil New Member

thank you both -nikamma nd light of erindi, 4 ur so valuable advices..