Struggling with Granada PRS-1 39" Medium Cutaway Guitar! :(

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by piyushsood2312, Nov 23, 2012.

1. piyushsood2312

piyushsood2312 New Member

Hi .

I am not struggling with the guitar playing but with the guitar.I bought it 5 months back from now. I never knew about guitar and stuffs that time and the the music store guy recommended me to buy "Granada PRS-1 39" Medium Cutaway Guitar". He said thats its good for beginners
    But now, as I play some other guitars, I feel they are better than mine. What I feel is other guitars(which my friends have), the strings are much closer to the fretboard(which I feel makes the playing easier) and in mine, they are not. And, my guitar is 39". I think I need a bigger one!

Wht should I do??
    Should I sell my guitar after 5 months of use and buy new one. WHich one should I buy? And if yes, then sell it for how much(I bought it for RS. 4200 with granada cover). Where should I sell it? online? My college is based in a place where there are no music stores, I guess :) (Pilani(Rajasthan)). So it has to be an online deal. SO which website is the best?

Please help someone! Thanx!

2. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

What kind of guitar has a 39" scale?

3. piyushsood2312

piyushsood2312 New Member

4. Evil.Bunny

Evil.Bunny New Member

well it might be because of a neck bend, it can be fixed easily by adjusting the truss rod.
    how far is the nearest guitar store ?

5. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Your action (the height of the strings from the frets) is high... Some guitars come with high action (acoustics) and some with medium (electrics) and some with extremely low action (flamencos)... Depending on what kind of music play, different people have different choices regarding the action of their guitar.. High action is not suited when you intend to play a lot of barre chords and will lead to ache in your wrists and even, in extreme cases, tendonitis...

If that is what bothers you, you should lower it by adjusting your truss rod.. But since, you don't have enough experience with repairing guitars, I suggest you go to a shop for that purpose... However, if the strings are lowered too much, it might cause fret buzz so be careful...