Strings problem

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by meltingpoint83, Oct 28, 2004.

1. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

heys guys..i have an Ibanez GRX20 electric...and i used it for 3 months on its original strings. I replaced them today with Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings, and for some odd reason, im gettin some sorta echo or buzz kinda thing. For example, if i fret the 2nd string on the 3rd fret and strike the 2nd and 1st string, da 1st string echoes or something like dat....same thing happens when i strum randomly....is it coz of da gauge differences???...factory strings are thinner then Power Slinkys. Any of u got any clue as to why this is happening??...and any solutions

2. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

oh yea...one more thing...my electronic tuner has gone gay tooo..so i had to tune da guitar by ear...which im not too good at...think dats da issue?...im gonna go buy another tuner tomoro...

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Try to clean off the dust from PLaces where the string rests on the guitar.. Or the bridge may be too low.. YOu can remove buzz by increasing the Bridge Height slightly..

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i think just play it a little..the buzzing should go automatically..

5. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

let your new strings stretch a bit

6. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Maybe you've got a wrong guage of strings. Your guitar is setup for the strings that originally came with the guitar. You've possibly restrung with lighter than your previous guage .
    You need to tighten/loosen your truss rod and if it comes with a locking bridge like a floyd rose, you will have to reset the bridge so that it is parallel to the body. You can do so by adjusting the springs in the back of the body.

7. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Where can I buy D'addario or similar acoustic strings in Mumbai and how much?

8. jayanth

Goto Furtados.. Price is city dependent so i wont know..

9. Chirag

Chirag New Member

I know

i went to furtado's Diadro costs around 250 - 300 rs.

10. jayanth

Dean Markleys cost around 400.. And 6 String Bought me one but didnt give it to me..

11. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

u got sick remembver? so i'm using it :p:

12. jayanth

I'm ok with it....