String BUZZING even after tunning !! WHY ??

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by kreiG, Apr 7, 2010.

1. kreiG

kreiG New Member

I tuned the G-String or the 3rd String on my guitar with a clip-on tuner. According to the tuner and the software AP Tuner the string is tuned but i still hear the buzzing noise when played that string open...WHY ???? HOW do i get rid of that buzzing

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

is it the buzzing due to extremely loose string or some fret buzz??? try playing 4th fret 3rd string and play 2nd string open.. see if they are in tune.. if not try doin it manually without using the tuner..

3. kreiG

kreiG New Member

Yes, when i play the 4th fret on the 3rd string it sounds very similar to the 2nd string when played open.......but i hear the buzzing when i play the 3rd string open

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

in that case u need to set the action of the guitar appropriately ... which guitar do u have?

5. kreiG

kreiG New Member

i have a granada PRLD 18CEQ....

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ok cool.. there must be a couple of screws at the bridge..on either side of it..they help to lower or higher the action.. move the screws so that the bridge moves up a little..loosen up the strings a bit before tryin.. it might help..

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

and since it is happening on 3rd string try to use only the bottom screw..the one near the 1st string... don use the one above..

8. dr_guitar

dr_guitar New Member

hey, my guitar had the same problem with the low E string. its in a simple adjustment of the bridge. do it urself (using google) or simply take your guitar to a luter ! the job will be done right in front of you.....