stretching across fret board

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by unknownvirus, Sep 29, 2005.

1. unknownvirus

unknownvirus New Member

im a beginner...im having a hard time stretching my fingers far enough across to play some tabs

(example the chorus jal - addat)

is it just my fingers..or is stretching across 2 frets hard for other people too?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It happens to everyone.

3. unknownvirus

unknownvirus New Member

excercises or anything i can do to stretch this all out

i noticed my fingers are maybe too curled
    but im trying to correct it
    just cant hold it that long

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

learning f chord is a major problem to all bigginers once u get used to playing that chord and using it in progressions ,,, u easily devolop the ability to to do chord progressions!

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It will take time, rest assured. We all go through phases where we think our fingers are going to walk out on us

Try practicing the major scale in this fashion...my guitar teacher calls it the stretch scale since it stretches your fingers. This exercise is good for finger stretching as well as fast, speedy runs across the fretboard:

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------5(1)--7(3)--8(4)-
    ----------------------------------------------------5(1)--6(2)--8(4)---------------------
    -----------------------------------4(1)-5(2)-7(4)----------------------------------------
    ------------------3(1)-5(2)-7(4)---------------------------------------------------------
    -3(1)-5(2)-7(4)--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. unknownvirus

unknownvirus New Member

sounds good
    but can u explain how to use it?
    what are the numbers in the ()

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

the number in the bracket is suggested fingers for u to use.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, its what Dharmatma said...I meant to edit that in and forgot.