strange questions.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kaiser, Apr 7, 2006.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Kaiser, there are a lot of things which can be done and are not done. The reason for that is economic feasability. What do you suppose the energy efficiency of such a process will be, 0.05%???

2. kaiser

kaiser Bored

dennis!

dennis, there was a famous line where one dude said: "i dont think there'll ever be a world market for more than 5 computers."
    when computers were new, they were massive, unwieldy and very very uneconomical. and today, u know the shit. feasibility is always low in the beginning. then as thigns advance, they get better: rigt from cellphones to laptops to hybrid cars.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahaha, troo. Bill Gates once said "Who would ever need a computer with mroe than 640 kb's of memory".
    But again, the idea doesnt sound feasable, ull have to first of all direct the sound so as to concentrate the energy in order to prevent wastege. Something like a concave mirror for sound. The there is no natural source of sound.
    Drawing a parallel to illustrate my point, let us take the case of Solar Energy. Its abundant and way more concentrated than sound, still it gives such low efficiencies.
    Now in the case of sound, if you want to use sound as a source of energy, it should be readily available. This means, use the sound in a busy city. But again, the sound energy lacks concentration, without which there really cannot be any enerygy production.
    And to run a car from the boom box..lol, no way dude, perhaps the boom box may run a small bulb, thats maximum. Wanna run a car??...lol, you gotta get earplugs for the rest of Delhi then.

4. kaiser

kaiser Bored

@dennis: thats why i said, maybe anything light. anyway....

i think solar energy is underrated and not utilised properly. or maybe 'things' aint advanced YET. it could be politics too. oil politics. otherwise why havent solar powered/hybrid/hydrogen powered/electric etc. cars become a norm by now. car cos have been making em for ages now. maybe it obviates the need of crude oil, the they were forced not to make em and sell em by powerful nations and here's an intersting fact: not more than 10 countries in the world are car makers....who knows....but now there's pressure....oil rates are shooting up, politix gettier messier and all of a sudden u have hybrid cars coming up in the market.....

am i the only one who feels this?

btw, why dont people consider human beings a source of energy? we make heat, we shit and piss (can be used to generate energy....i saw once on discovery, toiletware makers trying to make potty seats in such a way that piss and shit go down the drain separately, so that they can be used to make energy....you when piss and shit get together, they aint so useful....man, those guys do think hard! haha..........), we set things in motion, we generate noise....hell, its not for nothing that we were used as batteries in The Matrix! haha.......

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

LOL, who knows, right know we may be in a Matrix.

6. slashboyin

slashboyin New Member

one question bugging me is : WHY THE HELL ARENNT BANANAS STRAIGHT?
    It may sound stupid but i would really like to know the answer

7. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Bananas are curved because of the phototropic chemical Auxin which makes them grow towards the sun while they are hanging on da tree ..

*I can't believe I actually came up wid a serious answer for dat* ..

Dat question by slash boy is SO pregnant wid hilarious replies..

still can't believe I came up wid da actual reply :shock:

8. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

kaiser ...satak gaya hey....ha ha ha...
    my personal opinion....sound is a hopeless source of energy...all that thing about breakin things with ultrasonic waves ...resonance......concentrating sound and using it to drive something....puhhh...you will spend more energy than u plan to generate.....in one form or the other (hidden dependencies)

9. kaiser

kaiser Bored

no harm in asking questions eh? wait....ill post some more queries....letme finish my drink.

10. shak

shak Harrr!

@kaiser: .. naa i didnt say that recording isnt a stored sound .. i am saying that sound on discs or tapes isnt "sound" as ssuch.. its just a "record" and to use energy you would first need to reproduce sound .. and that would require energy as well .. and then to amplify that recorded sound ..again energy is required ... so thats no good ..

for the second question .. yes ofcourse we can use sound to move objects .. bu thats not very feasable ... as the sound can inturn damage the object .

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

The point is whatever action we perform, energy is lost.
    For Eg. An Opera singer can break a glass with her voice and a person who is not an Opera singer cant, agreed. But everyone can break the same glass by throwing it to the ground and feeling a hell less tired.

Btw, your drink still hasnt finished?

12. kaiser

kaiser Bored

umm........maybe i've run outta imagination. hope this thread isnt closed....ill post some more q's later when i think em up while dreamin in my law classes.