strange problem wid my Yahoo Mssgr.

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vini, Sep 28, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

im sick and tired of this..now one more problem

this time its with my Yahoo Messenger..everything is fine and working...EXCLUDING that when sum1 is sending me an instant message..the window is appearing blank to me..and if sum1 ims me the chat window does pop up..but blank!!!!!

what the heaven is wrong??..hell!!!

i need ur help yet again guys :cry1:

:help: :help:

tahda!! :sadbye:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Is it with text messages? stuff like that happens to me with smileys sometimes when I'm not using the latest version of messenger.

Download the latest version and see if the problem persists, I suggest...Unless someone else replies with the actual remedy soon

3. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

download it again...or better download the new version...

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

use the latest version

first of all unistall that crap version
    go onlin ethen download the new version

hope thats the last prob with ur pc ;)

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

muahahahahahha.......plz....give my regards to your bro!.......and check if there anything wierd on your preference........does this happen to all ims or jus mine? :p:

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey [SNIP] juss get a stable build for ymessenger ...
    if u have an elder version then ofcourse there will be compatibility problem
    if u have a new version - it will be most probably the beta build - which is realeased to public for general testing ... anyprob u have - should be reported to the yahoo dudes - who knows they may reward u :p: ;)

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

who is her brother????? :think: zoom???

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

naah.....she has gotta bro.....i dun wanna leak anything out here or else she will block me!:mad:

@vini - follow what dennis said "buy a new computer"......yours is a budda now!!....this is your last chance(i :think:)......u see GOLDEN WORDS ARENT REPEATED!.........but im repeating it for you!:p:

9. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

hi sis.. i guess u r using the beta version.. which was having some bugs.. now yahoo has released the latest one i guess 7.1.. go for it.. its KOOOL.. but for using it u need to add me there.. [SNIP]

10. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the new version is almost 8 megs of download. hard on us dialup users.

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ok..lemme bring an end to this speculation

I AM USING THE MOST LATEST VERSION OF YAHOO MESSENGER and nothing wrong with my Prefrence or any other related setting :shock:

so lets tick that possible cause of problem off....this is not supernatural..sumthing really is wrong..plz gimme some suggestions and serious ones at that....

ps-one more problem is occuring :p: when i switch my pc on..the wallpaper does appear but the desktop is empty i.e, no icons...thats bizarre..so then i press ctrl+alt+delete and then select a new task and then carry on wid lotsa trouble and alt tabbing..gosh! help me wid dat too plz i didnt want to create yet another thread for this yet another problem :p:

ps2- plz dont suggest me to get a new pc..as i've told many times..that its just a few months old pc and it costed me..err my parents a fortune..so i cant give it up

helppppppppppp :help: :help:

12. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Probably u have scripting disabled, which is the most possible reason for this weird problem with Y! msg.

If u r using IE then go to Internet Options -> 'Security' tab->
    Internet icon and click the 'Custom Level' button-> 'Scripting'

Enable these stuffs .. 'Active scripting', 'Allow paste operations via script',' Scripting of Java applets' ....

Clikc OK to save the changes and restart Y! messanger ... it should solve ur problem ...

And 4 ur other prob .. I think may be sum1 have hidden those desktop icons, to unhide it ... right click on the desktop --> Arrange icons by --> check the item named , Show desktop icons... If its not the thing then lemme know ... there are other possible reasons ...... Good Luck !!!

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

no right clicking doesnt work and even the bottom task bar is missing

okay..by d way..m using both firefox and IE...should i go ahead wid what u suggested ^

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Oops..sorry! im using Firefox..only!!

what shud i do now?

15. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

If u r using only FireFox then go to Start menu--> Run , Type iexplore, IE window will open from where u can access the Tools--> Internet Options.. else if ur able to open control panel, u can access it from there also ... After opening the Internet Options, follow the procedures i posted above .... And if u are unable to access the start menu ... press the window key (The key with the windows logo on it), hold it and pres R , the run dialog box will appear ..

U can also access it 4m the task Mngr (Ctrl+Ald+Del), File --> New Task ....

16. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

just check if it works 4 ur other prob...

In the task manager(Ctrl+Alt+Del) , click File --> New Task --> explorer.exe then OK ..

17. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@apur
    i ultimately did work out IE
    but in custom level each and everything is ENABLED ..i did check twice everything including the ones u mentioned were already enabled

now..what do u suggest? :shock:

18. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

well most of the cases it does work ... just try enabling java or microsoft java virtual machine in the Internet Options--> Adnavced tab.. if it doesnt solve the prob .. i guess u have to unistall the software completely and then reinstall ...

19. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hmm.. i guess so

would reinstallation amount to loss of any data? i.e, i have around 5-6 gb of music stored in my e:\ ..so wont i lose it if i uninstall completely and then reinstall??
    :help:

thanx for the help so far..buddy :)

20. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

No unistalling and reinstalling Y! messenger wont result in any lose of data for u. Just b careful not to uninstall something else , ;) if u r not sure how to do it ... go to control panel ... add/remove programmes --> select Y! msg and click on change/remove ..

After this restart ur pc once,(not necessary but better if u do) and install the Y! msg! .. thats it..

btw if u r using WinXp then u can try out one more option... but for that u have to know from when exactly the problem started.. Go to Programms--> Accessories--> system Tools--> System Restore ... tick restore my comp to an earlier time and click next ... select a restore point on a date before the problem started ... ( u wont find restore points for everyday). and click restore .... this will solve ur prob if it has started because of ur installing or uninstalling any other software or conflicts in system files.

but in this case though your data will be intact all the changes in the settings and softwares installed after the date you restore your computer to .. will be lost ... go through windows help if you are not to sure about system restore ..