stompbox or processor ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Dec 4, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

i currently hav the Zoom505 II which i hate like hell !!! makes too much ****in humm an buzz.......... very weak distortion.....

so i was wondering if a stompbox wuld be better.... i dont need a **** load of effects or amp simulations....... just need a powerful ballz to the wallz tone !

im thinking of gettin an Digitech Death metal......... suggest me any good 1...... below 5k....

PS: IT SHULD NOT buzz .... humm or whatever

2. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

or AMT Electronics MZ-1 Metalizer Distortion....

3. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Get a Tone bone. I love the distortion on thoe babies.

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Do you have an amp (I'm not talking about a stranger )?
    cause without one a pedal will be useless....

5. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

yeah, u need a good amp, preferably a tube amp...but yes stomp boxes have a more organic distortion and are much more "inspirational" to play

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Well, buzz and hum depends more on the guitar and the amp...my Digitech RP300A and Marshall MG10CD amp give a huge load of feedback and noise if I perk up the gain to even level 10/100...but only when used with my semi-electric. My other guitar (Tansen, unknown model, has two humbuckers) handles gain perrrfectly...
    And the lower end zooms are a piece of s***s. But if you have a choice between processor or stompbox, I'd say go for a good processor with a price range of 10k onwards (semi professional) or 20k onwards (professional mothers of processors o.o)
    A processor gives you the optimized workings of loads of combinations of amplifiers (simulated) and stompboxes...having that amount of stompboxes would just be an unneccesary inconvenience >.>
    However...
    ...or so some people say.

7. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Well, if you want a good distortion, and own a stranger, I would say go for an AMT pedal or (though its not in your range) The Sansamps. They have a built in decent amp sims.

P.S: Got an AMT FAtal Tube for sale. 4.5K(Including shipping).

@NoneSoVile: I dun think you can get a tonebone at a retail store. BTW, I love em, more than the MI Crunch box.

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Double Post

9. ultrabot90

@NoneSoVile, Life_Sans_Death - I searched Ultimate Guitar reviews and bajaao.com for "tone bone" and "tonebone"...didn't find anything...
    More info please... o.o

10. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

look for radial engineering

its actually Radial Engineering Tonebone Classic or Hot British or Trimode or Plexitube..these are the four Tonebone pedals

11. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Its not available on bajaoo, or not in India for that matter(I think so)

12. ultrabot90

13. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

thr something like guitar rig, cud be used vs the processor too (used in the comp as s/w)....
    question:
    How to use it?

~sry Varun for gng a lil offtopic on ur thread

14. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

i dont hav a shit stranger.... gotta marshall MG50DFX..... and my guitar has seymour duncan JB and '59's !!! these pickups dont make the noise im sure !!!!

PS: I dont hav the cash to go fer 10k+ processors..... need summin below 5 0r 6k... i preffer the digitech death metal !!! ****in awsome tone.... anyone here owns one ???

15. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

i own the death metal. and if you think thats awesome tone....

16. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

so temme a good 1 man !!! thats y iave asked u guys !!!!!!!

17. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

My KUSTOM SOUND Distortion pedal!!!
    Sorry..not getting sleep actually..

18. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Get an AMT Metallizer or Fatal Tube

19. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Get an effing pros

20. varun1712

varun1712 New Member