Sting In India

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Asmodeus, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Sting is scheduled to be performing in Delhi and Bangalore i early February. Mumbai was dropped out due to the high entertainment tax and crap like that :mad: So like, the prices for the tickets are like about 2000/-, 1500/- and 900/- each. YAY (Sarcastically)

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Sting?:shock: Only 2000? That's amazing!!! To see the great man and such a small price to be paid, i'd go bankrupt if it only meant that i would be able to see sting perform!!(heavy dose of sarcasm:p:)

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

wow 2000Rs for a ticket! thats attrocious. u can runa family in 2000Rs in tamil nadu.

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^well said.

@asmodues....yeah, do u know u need like 28 licenses to get eligible to organize a concert in mumbai where as bangalore needs only 2 licenses. also bangalore crowd well aware of rock music, i mean compare to mumbai ...its has larger no. of ppl who have interest in rock.

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@disturbed....hey, i just remember dude. my guru went to hyderabad last december to perform on a concert. where r u dude?

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Disturbed is the guru dude!

Yeah, I know of the 28 taxes and stuff.. but like, the Bombay Rock Association is indeed growin... meanin like all genres can be found here!

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

they shd had performed in bombay , probably for me , i wont be able to attend any of the places - but i like the band though .......

@ jayswami - when micheal jackson performed in bombay about 6/7 yrs back , the tkts amount was more then 2000 rs , dun know the exact amount though ...

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hey, didja know that Sting has visited India and epecially Mumbai before as a member of the Police??? The show was held at the now defunct Rang Bhavan...

Song immediately remembered = "The System Has Failed";"Kick The Chair" by Megadeth

9. d_ist_urb_ed

@FR, i'm in Hyd dude, look at location:)

10. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

i had everything planned to go to bangalore to see him
    had arranged for all access passes
    but as it turned out, he is doing b'lore on 4th and delhi on 6th

was expecting the other way round
    so i cant GO :(

11. d_ist_urb_ed

That's too bad bandbaaja:) We were thinking of entrusting you with the job of throwing rotten veggies at him:p: Kidding, no offence.

12. Bandbaaja

yeah well one friend of mine attended his concert in japan and said it was the most boring show he ever attended, u know why???

because it seems he sounded like a CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now is that a compliment or an insult???

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Ahh, i think that's an insult. I think he meant that it was like lip syncing:)

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Nah.. sting won't lip synch.. thats fer sure
    Probably, it was too borin... like, maybe he went on & on with songs and there was no entertaining ****... like an Indian classical rectial!

P.S. That's no offense nor an insult!

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Nah dude, sounding like CD..... i meant that maybe he sounded like that, i wasnt saying that he would and Indian Classical Recitals rock:p:

16. Bandbaaja

Well he did explain to me WHY he thought so
    Because he sounded like a studio arrangement
    no extempore stuff, no huge solos, no variations, except what has been rehearsed so well types.
    very serious show. not enjoyable while watching live - thats what he meant

17. bob-bobby

probably he must had lip sync , why not check the net for reviews - i am sure we would find out !!!

his show and songs are good enuf not to bore you , maybe ur fren wouldnt be his fan , must have juss gone to his show to while away probably !!

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

stings live acts are so cool.. last year they did it without a real drummer.. the drums came from pro tools tracks.. they were able to syncronize with backup tracks on synth bass and keyboards.. without doing karaokegiri.. only sting can achive that..
    plus it helps that he was one of the best piano players, one of the most resourcful keyboardplayer/arranger/producer.. and kick ass jazz bass player, back vocalists etc.

19. bob-bobby

interesting info jay ,. i personally like their music ....

20. Bandbaaja

I LOVE STING!!!!
    whatever he does
    even if he farts on stage, it will be some unique diminished 7th added 9th flattened 6th chord or something