Steel slide v/s Glass slide

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tapas.perti, Apr 26, 2011.

1. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Hi guys, I wanted to do covers of some songs which have used sliding techniques using a slide ... I purchased a Dunlop Chrome Steel Slide about 2 days ago, but I wanted to ask your opinion about which is the better option out of the two above ???

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Steel Slide would add more treble to your sound whereas the Glass slide would give u a dense thick tone.

3. wylder

wylder Member

It is personal choice... Steel has more bite and glass is more mellow. Neither sounds too bad.
    But the glass one breaks easily if you drop it...

4. dpnkr

dpnkr New Member

usually metal slides provide better sustain, but in the end its all about your preference. I ve been using brass one...

5. flood

flood New Member

i don't like the dunlop slides i've used - the glass ones break quite easily and the chrome-plated steel slide has a tendency to rust on the inside really quick, even quicker in mumbai. the dunlop brass has worked well for me so far but i don't really use it all that much. i'm going to be looking into slides at www.tone-toys.com soon, particularly since i've been planning to try their stuff out for 7+ years now!

6. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Brass slides

Are brass slides available in India ??? Most guitar stores here in Delhi either have the glass or chrome steel variety available whether it's Dunlop or Planet Waves ... Haven't seen any brass slides as yet

7. dpnkr

dpnkr New Member

yes i bought it from bhopal so its probable that they are available in delhi