Starbucks all set to enter india

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 19, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Starbucks Coffee Company, the world's biggest coffee retailing chain, is close to naming a joint venture partner to stage an entry into the Indian market.

It has met six potential partners, including the Rahejas, the Kishore Biyani-promoted Pantaloon group and Planet Sports. A top-level team from the Seattle-based Starbucks Coffee Company was in India last week, to talk to potential joint venture partners, sources close to the deal said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshowbnews/1176746.cms

Cant wait to have starbucks coffe! ;)

2. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

Great. As if I wasn't sick enough of seeing 200 coffee days on every road, now there will be 400 starbucks per square metre too.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I can't wait to pay Rs. 90 for a cup of coffee... :annoyed:

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

haha ya...

i thoguht theyd opened up in pune already...

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

wasnt barista a starbucks sister company :confused:

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i guess not...barista is owned by TAJ.....starbucks has been doin research on da indian consumer fr quite sm time...nd its no surprise they will launch soon wid a bang......

im also waitin for wallmart to cm down....

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

but no doubt's about it , their coffee is worth the amount they charge - you cant go to these places everyday for a cup of cofee once in a while is okay !!!

i would have been more happy if hard rock cafe would have planned to open up a bar in bombay :)

8. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

will they open in delhi /bangalore????????