Squire question (please help!!!)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by SavageSaint, Apr 4, 2005.

1. SavageSaint

SavageSaint New Member

Squire question (date, etc.)

a friend recently gave me a Squire Stratocaster by Fender (made in Korea) serial number E 748811 (the Fender name is on the bridge and tuning pegs)

my question is what year is it and does it have any value??

ps. it sounds and plays great, I own several guitars and it is definitely one of my favs

thanks for your help :rockon:

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

i'm guessing that its
    E-eigthies
    7-seventh year

so 1987.

btw during this period the Japan factory stopped making the Squire so its very possible that the parts were actually made in the Japan factory but assembled in Korea. So you could have a Squire Stratocaster that is as good as any of the Japanese strats - if so then that Squire you have is a very expensive one (almost twice the value of a normal Squire).

Considering that the Fender name is on the bridge and tuning pegs then its possible that the neck and body and all the parts have come from the Japan factory.

Best thing to confirm it is to take the front cover off and read the serial numbers off the pickups and match them.

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

another option is to contact fender with the serial number - maybe they can help u out

4. SavageSaint

SavageSaint New Member

thanks for the help :beer:

5. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Dont think its worth much. And if you like it, dont sell it!

6. SavageSaint

SavageSaint New Member

its not going anywhere..........I was just wondering if the Fender parts on the guitar made it unique (or some how worth more then any other Squire) :think:

I've all ready leveled and recrowned the frets, (as I have with every guitar I own) and have some new parts on order (wiring, pots and pickups) :cool:

frankly, the squire name doesn't bother me, its the playabilty not the name that makes a guitar great ;)

besides how cool is it when someone who paid thousands for there Fender would rather play my custom Squire :rockon: