Squier Deluxe Stratocaster Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by PH7, May 8, 2011.

1. PH7

PH7 New Member

Hey Guys,
    I am thinking of buying Electric Guitar for under 20K, (Switching from Acoustic) and I'm torn between these two guitars

1. Yamaha Pacifica 112J (Around 15,000 Rs)
    2. Squier Deluxe Stratocaster (Around 18,000 Rs)

........ Now from what i've read in the internet, Yamaha Pacifica is regarded as one of the best beginner guitar and is mostly recommended at that price range
    .......... On the other hand reviews of Squier Guitars are not that good specially the Bullet & Affinity series of Guitar
    ......... But Squier has released the "Deluxe" version of their strat range which has gotten good reviews ........ Reviews seems to suggest it has better pickups/ better built quality (close to Mexican fender strat) than affinity and bullet series,.... also the neck on it is very good with most of them saying its better than Mexican made Fender strat
    .......... So I wanna know if there are any user of Squier Deluxe strat here at IGT and i would like to know their opinion.......

Typer of Music I play :- Blues, Classic Rock ............. For me absence of Humbucker is not a deal braker as i mostly play clean ........ So i can go S-S-S or H-S-S either way.

Some of the Reviews of :- Squier Deluxe Stratocaster Guitar

Cant post link to the review cos of minimum 15 post limitation ...... Just google the guitar name and check the URL of fenderforum ....... There is also some reviews in youtube

2. nayansurfer

nayansurfer New Member

first let me tell you that it's always better to buy copy of a good guitar by a reputed brand rather than going for a low-end guitar of a reputed brand.As u would hardly find knowledgable & experienced users of the squier model u are talking about,better play safe & stick with yamaha instead.However,u may find my thinking biased as i'm an old-world musician.I rarely use distortion even though i own an electric guitar and the main reason why i had bought an electric guitar was that i could connect it to a PA system to make my fans listen to my playing on clean channel.I hardly play other people's songs and i share my music with a select few.I may sound strange but consider my advice.I've been playing since 2 years,non-stop.

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I have tried Yamaha Pacifica and Fender Affinity series. Fender Affinity Squier was OK. Dont know about the Delux series though. Playability, sound and feel of Yamaha was good.

Since your budget is 20k i would suggest you to try out few more brands like Cort, Greg Bennetts Avion series. U might just land up on something better than Yamaha and Fender.

4. varunmm4

varunmm4 New Member

I agree. Better guitars out there in that budget. Between the two, I would go with the pacifica.

5. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

+1 with mymusicmyguitar......... I'd say that while you're at it.....do consider checking out the Greg Bennett AV3 before making your final decision........an absolute cracker at 15k...............:D