Squier California Strat Modify

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Dec 19, 2006.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

Ppl, I have got this guitar, its called, ahem, A Squire California strat(Beaming cherry red man, I love it). Naturally I need to modify it. I am going to change the Neck and Bridge pickups. I want the hum canceling ones. Still no cutting the guitar. Suggest a few pickups. I need to keep my budget within 8-9k total. And what about rewiring the whole thing in shielded wires?

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I think you get humbuckers that are single coil sized but dunno what they are called or their cost or availability in India. Don't you also get noise cancelling single coils?

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

There are some Mini 59's there with bajaao chk em out.... nd as for the Bridge hum im all for the JB.

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea but in a Lil 59 and a JB....will be awesome!!!

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

dude i have this SD Hot rails on my bridge. Its pretty good and the whole humm factor is gone with this(offcourse its wat SD for and why its expensive). Pretty good ones IMO.Dont know if u get it here havnt checked. its single coil too for the info.Get more suggestion from others. This has got more of crunch in it. if u want a melow stuff then check the others. dont know man all the best.

6. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

I have replaced my bridge with SD Quarter Pounder. Now I get solid bite in 3 pick up selections, from the centre to the bridge position. My neck pick up has a bluesy sound, so I am not going to change that, neither the middle one. This said, however, my squier is a standard series UK market issue, and costed me a lot, and the pick ups are generaly better. Point is, why don't you change only the bridge pickup first and see what that does for you? And preferably, get someone to carry the pick up from abroad. I got my SD for INR 2500, almost 30% cheaper than what it sells for in India.

7. yazi

yazi Banned

i don't have any friends who are currently abroad

:-(

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

cool that makes two of us....but even then the prices in India (bajaao...furtados) are pretty good u know...concidering customs

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^hehehe make that 3, BTW i got my pickups from Ashu too.

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

cool! i personally like bajaao cus ashutosh is a really great guy !

11. flood

flood New Member

ashu rocks. haven't bought anything from him yet, but i've met him a few times at gigs etc and he's quite amiable and straightforward. also, he knows his stuff, so you aren't buying from a bozo.