Squier California Series Stratocaster (Black) And Amp For Sale - Kolkata

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by siddhanthgupta, May 24, 2011.

1. siddhanthgupta

siddhanthgupta New Member

Hi, I'm from Kolkata. This may not be the best place for this, but I want to sell my guitar- Squier California Series Stratocaster (Black) and my Marshall MG15CD. Great condition. Bought them about 3 years ago, but haven't played them for a few months as I've been concentrating on my studies. I'll be going off to college in about a month or so, and so I want to sell it before then. Asking price is about INR 5000 for the guitar and INR 2000 for the amp. I can also sell it as a set. Please reply.

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

You wont get more than 40% of your orignal guitar value but you maybe able to sell the mg for 3k plus,noobs are like if its marshall than it must be good
    And if you are in kol just place a free ad in t2 hub noobs will come rushing

3. den

den New Member

I am interested!! but your asking price is too high..
    and i want to see your guitar if that is possible..

4. siddhanthgupta

siddhanthgupta New Member

I'm willing to sell the set for 6K. And if you are in kolkata, you can see it.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why do ppl come up with this depreciation rate thingie for guitars?
    Its not that guitar wears down.
    Or that you will not get free (1st year) warranty.
    Or that maintenance and running costs are gonna increase with age.

What is it that makes ppl believe that pre-owned guitar should cost so much less?

6. wylder

wylder Member

The depreciation is simply due to the fact that there are no buyers for these. There is abundant supply of these too as everyone starting out goes and buys a new, crappy, bottom of the line Ibanez/Squier/Yamaha/ESP/Epiphone guitar. If only they bought better second hand stuff with that same amount of money, we would have better gear in our music stores...