Spyware, spyware, spyware!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Addy Pant, May 29, 2005.

1. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

After surfing on the net for a long time, don't you ever find that your computer's speed has really gone down? Or some stupid ads which are always popping up whenever you open your browser? Well, the reason for this is spyware is present in your PC. Spyware programs make money for their publishers by reporting your Internet travels and sending you advertisements. Some also report your name, e-mail address, and other personal information. Spyware may continuosly irritate you with pop - ups from the sites they come from. They also slow down your computer. There are many Antispyware programs. The most popular are Ad - Aware SE and Spybot - Search and Destroy. I myself use these with another called Spyware Doctor making a total of 3 and get different results each time I scan. After using Firefox, I thought i'd compare the speed with IE. After using IE, I saw with Ad - Aware that there were 77 spyware files in the computer. I swear that I won't shift back to IE now!

All of the above mentioned Antispyware programs are available on www.download.com There is also a new program Windows Antispyware by Microsoft. You can try that also.

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

use mozilla man...safer
    but then mozilla and tabbed browsing suck up ur RAM anyways

3. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I use Firefox. This was only an example that I gave to show how spyware can get into your computer. That was the last I'm ever going to IE again.

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey Mozilla can also be affected by spywares and virus .... My IM team keeps sending me updates to fix Mozilla and Opera.... But i dont bother much as i use them only for downloads.......

My IE is totally updated.... a sygate firewall and a microsoft antispyware....... so no problems for last few months.......

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

im fed up of these spywares...

6. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Spywares is a tricky thing to avoid...

I guess, if you take proper care while surfing.. you wont be affected!
    Especially, separate out your surfing sites into two parts...

The ones which you feel would infect you... surf them via Mozilla Firefox...
    Rest you can via IE itself...

But again, if you are too used to IE.. a simple solution is to, disable active-x controls and you can be sure that no toolbar or spyware gets installed...
    Its only disadvantage is... even valid plugins like Flash gets disabled... but i guess, its ok for safety...
    You can always enable them for few moments to view a flash page...
    Another thing i would recommend is Microsoft Antispyware... its really nice and good to remove any infections...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

7. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

firefox is good plus all those Spyware detection s/w have also worked for me

8. complete85

complete85 The Grass Cutter

you can download a spyware remover like spyware doctor

But you need to purchase it to get the license code to make it fully work.
    [SNIP]
    I get the spyware remover for my pc like that...