Speakers?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tallkien, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Does anyone know if Prosound is sells guitar speakers? or anyone else for that matter?

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Haven't seen anyone in India selling good amp speakers. I wanted to get a Celestion once but couldnt find n e

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ I'm surprised u said that.. In B'lore, Bobby can get u one.

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

so again, Bobby's number please???

5. zing

zing Machine Head

if ur in mumbai call bhargavas 91 22 2201 2626 & ask for Kustom speakers - i got one frm a friend that must be like 15-20 years (yes years!!) old n still going strong

6. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Are these guitar speakers? I'm trying to build a 212 cab

7. zing

zing Machine Head

yep...............

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I didnt know bobby then :(

9. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

pssst...Does anybody know him well enough to remember his number?

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

98454 61484

11. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Thanks ronnie,

and oh I've finished the board of that TS, just waiting on the switch so if you can sell me just one I'll take that off you right away

cheers

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

How are u going to build the body of the cab? Ive always wanted to try

13. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

If I were in Bangalore I'd probably build it myself since I have all the tools I'd need and the space to work in. Here I live in a tiny little appartment that every weekend resembles a workshop more than a house :) Anyway right now I need just one 12" speaker to replace the crappy one in my dead sammick combo. But there's another Big A$$ 50W head in the works. For that I need a head and cab made. To keep things sane for now I'm just going to continue using my Marshall 2x50 as a speaker cab and just build heads. If I ever plan to sell these I would want good looking cabs to go with them. Most amp builders just make the amps and outsource the cabs. Still its good to work with people associated with guitars and amps incase you want to tweak something to taste, it helps to speak the same language.

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

How much would u sell the heads for?

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

why, You interesred?

Hold your horses there. I'm nowhere near calling myself an ampmaker. I'll probably build a few before I start thinking of selling them.
    But if i was selling them I suppose I'd have to take into consideration how much I can source locally and how much I'd have to import. For instance if you don't mind buying your own tubes locally it would be a lot cheaper than having to import and clear a set of new ones. Things like pots and jacks are also better imported. The rest is pretty cool here.

The one I built would go for around 6-7K

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Ok, Ill spread the word... :p

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

For 6K, I'd be very interested.

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I'll keep you posted. It's still very early days. In the mean time you can check out sites that have clips of low-watt botique amps and see what you like. I really have no plans to go into business selling amps at this point, but as the collection grows I might just sell a couple, but please don't get your hopes up right now. I'm not about to quit my day job any time soon

Btw I wouldn't recommend an Aluminium casing, it vibrates a lot. I'll definitely be using wood henceforth.

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Ok, id love to have one of them. Post pics when ur ready.