Source for Guitar Parts in INDIA.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Luthier, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Source for the parts
    Source for the parts
    Source for the parts
    Source for the parts
    Source for the parts :think:
    Source for the parts
    Source for the parts
    Source for the parts.......that was the title of this thread.
    Oh GOD..!! FORGIVE THEM COZ THEY DO NOT KNOW TO READ. :p: ;)
    Regards
    Luthier

2. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey nanda i would love to "DO" some stuff for u.
    Just PM me ur requirements and i'll let u know.
    About advertising myself i do not intend to do so since i am fully a part-time guy and have a full-time job to keep. Also i build for pure creativity and for the art sake. Hope i do not sound too "______" :cool:
    Anyway i'l help u if i can.
    REgards
    Luthier

3. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hello there...luthier

now...if the talk about tuning machines is over..:) tell the guys that it's just a fraction of a tuning problems...nobody seems to be talking about the nut, which can be a problem even bigger then tuning machines...string saddles, especially on cheaper guitars, are shitty, almost by default... strings, people, strings!!! i'm in india for seven months now, and couldn't buy a decent set of strings...so i'm gettin'em from abroad...even that way, a lot of them are old stocks, and some b grade...they just don't work right... i've been using ghs boomers for years, but these you can buy today...just don't even resemble of the old ones...DR's are sometimes okay... but i'm definitely switched to fenders...they sell shitloads of them, and stocks are mostly ok...
    now...let's get serious...get me your phone no. i might need your services...planing on building a nice strat...warmoth parts...pro neck and body...well, i'd get all from there...i'd get you all the wiring instructions, wires, capacitors, hardware...all of that....just need it assembled...maybe i'd just paint it myself...don't know yet... ok...setups... as you might know, if u encountered any warmoth necks, they are really good, as they are...but, some of them, when u assemble the guitar may need some finishing touches...especially with 6100 frets, or any other big ones...i'm kinda picky about these things, so are u good with that..? i mean, really good..? i want really low action, no buzz...at all...anywhere...
    did you already setup some of guitars brought from outside of india...it took me 2 months to setup my telecaster...and a month for the PRS...climate in bangalore is nice for life, but for guitars...had to readjust truss rods every two days... didn't want to sand the frets down at all, cause i may sell them, so i'll leave that to the final owner and his taste...
    the one i'll be doing, i want it perfect...are u up to that..? and one more thing...after painting, it'll be a custom painted one, what abot the finish..? do you do that to..? and what do you use..?
    please respond with details...thanx

4. Luthier

Luthier New Member

@ vlada729
    Well said about the strings saddles nut and strings. The saddle and nut problem is the major one here on indian guitars. Maybe u could try mumbai for beter strings.

And now about ur requirement. Assembling all the parts together would not be a problem. It's good that u can get all the parts from warmoth.
    Again the problem would be the humidity there in bangalore. Can u get tropicalised body and neck from warmoth. And if possible get an already finished body and neck since here we get only nitrocellulose lacquer, polyurethane and shellac finishes. The finishes that i've done are all in lacquer or urethane. I'm sure u want something better than that. I have done a setup for a jackson guitar for a neighbour in Goa. Tell me what setup u want and it can be done.
    Regards
    Luthier.

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Hey Luthier! Do you do artwork? If i send you a design, will you be able to get me some sort of transparent sticker or something?

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok.........am pretty sick of the pointless arguements...
    it ends now.........or else this thread is goin.....

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Hmmm.. That mean you are gonna stop posting??

8. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey hindirox. No my friend i have never done artwork on any guitar but anyway send me the design or drawing and i'll tell u if it can be done by me or someone else(artist friends). PM me the design though.

@ Dr Saurabh
    What happened.......?
    Blame hindirox and abhijitnath for the mess. ;) :p: ;)

Regards
    Luthier

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

no.....this means this thread is shuttin down........no more flaming each other here........it was ok till you wer discussing the tuners....but the flaming isnt......no more BS...period

10. Luthier

Luthier New Member

NNNOoOOOOOOooooooooooo.....

NNaaaahhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii................iiiinnnnnnn.......................
    <hehehe>

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Thanks for heads up Doc..

@ Luthier : Sory bro..

12. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

thanks for deleting my posts!!!!!

13. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey hindirox don't be sorry yaar.
    I have asked a friend who is a graphic artist and a kinda 'painter' if he can do any artwork on wood. He has asked for a sample piece of wood for practice. I'll be giving him some wood tommrw. Lets see what he does about it.
    Regards
    Luthier.

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I want to use transparent stickers and then use laquer finish.. Thats what i want.... And i'm give you a NEW guitar for that.. So i dont want experiments on it.. LOL..

15. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey hindirox why do u want STICKERS on ur guitar . Either get the artwork done directly on wood or airbrush it then lacquer it. Please dont put stickers on it. PM me the artwork though. I'll see if it's possible.
    Stickers will look horrible and will be difficult to cover up in laquer since the lines wiill show.
    Regards
    Luthier

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

So this guy does Airbrush artwork?? I mentioned the sticker idea cause i thought it was my only way to get the three layers of artwork.. My artwork is a little complicated.. I'll send it across..

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Attached Files: