Source for Guitar Parts in INDIA.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Luthier, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey everybody. I have been a fully part-time luthier just for the fact that there aren't many places that one can buy guitar parts viz. replacement parts. So i thought lets add up all the places and addresses here to help ourselves find the right stuff.
    There are many members wanting to build their own guitars but part finding is a really damning affair. I have myself imported some stuff and landed in trouble with the customs.
    Hope others let us know of any places they know.

Places in MUMBAI.
    1- Furtados.................claim to have it but doesn't.
    2- Peter pereira..........doesn't sell replacement parts, keeps it to himself.
    3- Albertos Music.........has good parts and sells at OK prices.
    4- S. B Music................good place for pickups.
    5- Bhargavas Music.....has some parts but no good pickups.

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Tulsi - Has em all. Gives em all.

3. Luthier

Luthier New Member

...........and the address of tulsi is..........
    Mere dost phone or address hai ki nahin ........hahaha

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Mere paas he. Agar mein post karta to koi moderator ajatha or mere post ko edit kardetha. Agar thujhe chahiye to PM kar.

Also i have taken orders for him in Bangalore. So i can safely tell you that i'm also a contact person.

5. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Ok hindirox
    I have PM'ed u. Please PM me back for sure.
    Regards
    Luthier.

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

done.. Just keep all the secrets i want you to keep.. ;)

7. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey hindirox ......what secrets are u talking about..???? Tum kya bol rahe ho...???

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

No idea.. I dont even know what i was talking..

9. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

know any place in kolkata or nearabouts?

10. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey sayanakaharry, since u are from kolkata, maybe u'll find it easier since many manufacturers are located there or am i guessing.
    There is a guitar company in NASIK too. Any body knows which it is ?
    Regards
    Luthier.

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

12. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey hindirox what exactly happened as to when u say "spoilt". Did the pegs break off or did the gears giveway. Planet waves keys are the finest and i suppose u might find them at tulasi. Which guitar make is it. Changing the full set for an expensive guitar seems to be the best thing to do. But prior to doing that check whether the new keys match ur peghead holes and diameter. First take-off the old ones and check the post's height and dia.
    I am sure it must be no problem whatsoever. But if the dia. does not match then do not increase the dia. by hand. Get some good drilling tool and do it.
    Thats all and if u break anything PM me n i'll fix it.......hehehehe :p:
    Regards
    Luthier

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

It matches the peg head s and everything.. Guitar Make is Jackson..

The Peg head is broken.. So i can tune it once lock it using the floyd rose and make changes using the fine tuning.. Thats a temporary solution.. I desperately need to change the full set.. I guess you saw the auto trim tuning keys.. What do you think of them?

14. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey hindirox
    Are u refering to the "head of keys" as "peg head" or the entire "headstock".
    If only the key-head is broken then replace it with any make and type of ur choice.
    But if there is a chunk of wood missing from the headstock then i think u might have to get a new piece of wood grafted or maybe a new headstock itself. But since u are saying u are able to tune it ......then i think it's only the keys that are troublesome.
    The auto-trim keys have a washer kinda cutting ring. So when u tighten the string for the first turn or so it shears off the extra dangling length of the string thereby not causing any string tangles.
    Regards
    Luthier

sayanakaharry likes this.
  15. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

One small point...if you already have a Floyd Rose buying locking tuners is of no use.
    Locking tuners are meant for use without locking nuts...doubling the thing is pretty useless.
    It might make more sense to go for high-ratio Grover or Schaller tuners (18:1-ish)

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Interesting.. But these are not just Locking Tuners.. THey just SNIP off the Extra string.. Secondly they are made by Planet Waves I've been trusting their products for a long time.. Like Humidifier, Straps, Winders etc etc..

17. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Yeah I know..they are those Auto-Trim things..the entire point of the auto-trim is that locking tuners only need wind of the string around the post and so on it cuts of the string after one turn.
    If you have a Floyd Rose all this is superficial since the string is already locked at the nut.
    I agree that the Auto-trim is a great idea for an unlocked nut, but why spend so much which will serve no extra purpose in this case?

18. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey abhijit i agree with u And now off i go to work on ur guitar.....hehehe

19. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dude if money was an issue, i wouldnt go on buying so much stuff.. I just need the best that exist.. So i got the idea of Planet Waves.. Whats FLOYD ROSE, GOT to do with TUNING MACHINES? I dont use the TUNING MACHINES TO KEEP MY GUITAR IN TUNE.. I use it to TUNE.. The Floyd Rose Tremolo is mainly for keeping the Guitar in Tune when you use the Tremolo Arm.

20. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Oh GOD ......NO dishum dishum please.

Hey hindirox don't get upset yaar.

And abhijit FINGER ON UR LIPS.