SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW-keane cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by guitarist_gal1, Aug 31, 2007.

1. guitarist_gal1

guitarist_gal1 New Member

hey guys..i did a cover of keane's somewhere onlly we know..and just to kill time a karaoke version of dido's thank you...hope you guys like them..and yeah..sorry my phone rang right in the middle of the recording of "somewhere only we know"....do check them out and dont forget to post your comments...cheers...rinky
    p.s.-guitarist_gal is now guitarist_gal1...had to open a new account as there was a problem with my password..i forgot it....hehe....tc all...
    here s the link- https://www.soundclick.com/rinky

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

As always Rinky, very well done girl, you just have a sweet voice and the vocals are very good again.
    The guitaring, the strumming solo in the beginning, it doesn't sound very well, did you played the right chords?
    But overall, very well done Rinky!!!

3. guitarist_gal1

hey thanks..yeah i did play the right chords...dunno why it sounds bad...and hey did you hear thank you?? do hear it and tell me if you like it...thanks keoraf,, :D..tc

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Ofcourse i heard it Rinky, i always want to hear your recordings, just because you are soooo good. And yes it was good too, unfortunately you recorded a very short part and the karaoke you played doesn't sound very well, i think if you would play it (from your computer)on another track and recording on the 2nd track, it then would sound much much better!

5. guitarist_gal1

but thanks wat i did.... :( ....dunno y it sounds bad..... boohoo

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I meant the recording of the karaoke, did you recorded both (the vocals and the karaoke)through the mic? I think thats why it doesn't sound very well. When playing the karaoke file using your recording prog, the recording will be better as it will sound much, much better!!!

7. guitarist_gal1

but thts wat i did....dunno why it sounds bad...boohoo...:(

8. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

haaaaan....!!.al alwyz.....gooood recording...!!!! :) ..but yeah...da recording quality has 2 b improved rinky....maybe ders sm prob wid da mic?..coz aisa hota hai ki da electric signals create a hizzzzz sound...apne se hi ...its nt audible..normaly..but..wen u start recrding..dat comes inta play...

9. guitarist_gal1

hey thanks ansh...and yeah keoraf maybe the strumming intro does nt sound tht gr8 cos in the song there s no guitar...its just piano and bass and drums...maybe thtswhy...

10. guitarist_gal1

and ansh....i dont record with an external mic yaar...its just the internal mic in the laptop...dunno wat to do with the recording quality.... :(

11. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

tabhiiiii ..!! i ws thinkin.... y..da recording quality is kinda hizzy n low..:)...inbuilt mics on laptops arent that good for recording baba....they are meant 4 low freq n alll...or else..they will crack da sound...so abhi .get a new external mic..as soon as possible..!!! den u'll see...da recording quality wud b much much better dan dat 4m da internal mic.....!!

take care.!!
    keep posting!! :)

12. guitarist_gal1

hmm...had one.,..cant find it now...will look for it...