Some questions..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by raj.hendrix, May 21, 2007.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Oh he said EC.
    I'm a little stupid eh? :eek::

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

No I was referring to something else, pedal production is a very big deal, good luck with that. The thought of going into full fledged amp production is enough to give me sleepless nights. :( I don't think I'm that gutsy to go it alone

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

well, the reason why i want to get it as soon as possible because im going to mumbai to record with my band and i don't want to use the line6 digital modellers which DSR use to record. even with analog pedals they sound bad. id rather get a sansamp and go direct. heard its damn good as a recording tool also.
    plus i got some cash now :)

4. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

There are no recordign studios in Delhi?
    :eek:

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Yep. Don't expect very prompt replies though.

7. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

oh there are a lot...but we won a free ep deal in bombay as one of the non-cash prizes for being runners up at iit bombay 'livewire' so we're going to avail of that :)

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Made a couple of clean boosts, and a DOD 250.

Use 1% tolerance metal film resistors, and polyprop caps if ur gonna attempt the DOD250, and the 741s are quite noisy, however the TL071 (i think) does a pretty good job.

All the parts are available at SP Road, except for them footswitches. We dint have to buy much, got most of the stuff from our college lab. Turns out our HOD is a major effects buff :beer:

But I've heard rumours of a shop in Majestic which stocks all sorts of rare components at good prices, so will go check it out as soon as possible.

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

@raj

Try calling him.. Or try contacting the guy who owns the bajaao community on orkut.

Good luck with the recordings.. I liked those vids u'd put up on youtube :beer:

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I know nothing bout making amps, will have to start from scratch... Plus making cabs, picking speakers etc is gonnna take a long while and I'd rather spend that time playing guitar. God knows I need all the practice I can get.

AND I dont have enough cash to experiment.. If something I build doesn't work or isn't of good enough quality, I'm screwed!

BTW, I did manage to put together a small 5w amp.. Nothing fancy, its salvaged from old music systems and hi-fis. It can be switched from a mono amp for the guitar/keyboard or as an amp for my mp3 player. :)
    Its pretty decent for bedroom practice. Any advice on making a cab for it?

I'm not doin it alone :) There are a couple of other guys who have nothing better to do who are helping me out.. Besides, I doubt if I'm gonna get a huge number of orders anytime soon ;)

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Which videos?

12. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i think he's talking about some videos i put up from a gig.

here's the link to one of them:

Hypnosis - I shot the sheriff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbkacF8nk6A

go to more videos by the same user, for the others.

13. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Were you guys shopping for a bass case and other stuff in furtardo's the day after that IIT gig? If so I think I've run into you guys :)

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey, if you find that shop lemme know. I am stocked up on all values of metal film resistors, box caps, Electrolytic caps, coloured LEDs etc etc..SP Road has become a hangout now:p:

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

you crazy people :p:

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Nah..just me.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Fux0r, you play a single coil Strat?
    And do you like playing Aeromsith/RollingStones/Cream/Yardbirds/Rainbow/DeepPurple/Hendrix/LedZepp/the who/ ... blah blah ....
    Basically anyone who used to play Marshall JTM45 or Super Lead in 60s-70s?

And you bought DS-2 to get those tones? :cry1:

18. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

Hahahahah!!!! yeah man!!! we were availing of our 6000 bucks gift voucher(one of the prizes we got for being runners up at livewire along with the free ep deal :) ) it was lot of fun buying stuff we really wouldnt buy otherwise...only reason why i have a slide and a plectrum holder and 4 sets of ernie ball strings hahahah!

19. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

ENOUGH...the ds-2 was a frigging mistake, i'm not even using that in the gig..just a BD-2 blues driver for dirt(which is a LOVELY pedal)
    and i've already got a couple of offers for the DS-2!

why do you think im shifting to the tri ac :)

and out of all the bands you mentioned only Hendrix is one i avidly admire...others being gilmour and knopfler(both dire straits and solo) my geetar heros :) and ofcourse you've got buddy guy, bb king, albert king, robert cray

Oh by the way, my strat has been signed by Buddy Guy :) :) :)

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey one suggestion before you think of buying TRi-ac.

Have you tried using t00bscreamer in conjuction with your blues driver?

Both on dirt.

Or throw in a fuzz pedal, and use t00bscreamer just as a mid-hump EQ (with zero dirt)