Some questions..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by raj.hendrix, May 21, 2007.

1. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

bajaao is selling the tri ac for 12500(i know it was for 11000 before but apparently the price has increased in USA so its increased here too, atleast thats what ashu told me)

is it worth it?

i have no one going to USA to get it for me for a long time(august, thats also not sure)

how much will it cost to ship it from music123.com? and is it safe right now(in regard to the bankruptcy claim)?
    and will i have to pay customs also?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahaha, so now if I wish to sell it, I can quote higher price.

wooooo this is like stock market!

;)

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ That is a tad steep. Shipping it from abroad is a risky option cause u may not receive it. Plus the taxes are a bitch.

Try the Tri AC. See if it suits u. Then decide if its worth the money.

4. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

^^ya i was thinking the same...

hey alpha1 dont you keep coming here?? when are u here next? do you mind if i try out the tri ac? :)
    i mean can u get it the next time u come here?

@DC: any other way that i can try it out? i doubt if anybody except bajaao sells it here.

5. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

well of course u'll have to pay custom duty,

u see there is a jugaad for everything in india, but these gora people know nothing of it

so...........
    plz do not order it it is a risky option,
    well even if the company is bank rupt, it has to complete all its transactions till it is declared bankrupt officialy(but u won't go around suing that company in us courts)

6. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

hmm somehow bajaao doesnt seem to bad an idea...

if only i could try it out somewhere before investing 12.5k in it.

7. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

oh ya...wats the difference between the blue coloured ones and the black ones?

the blue ones are the ones shown on bajaao and ishibashi and the black ones are shown on the american sites.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The black one is the TRI-ac!
    It never came in Blue.

Blue one is a different pedal called double drive.
    Thats not a sansamp, its a distortion/overdrive pedal but from the soundclips it does sound delicious.

https://www.tech21nyc.com/triac.html This is Triac
    https://www.tech21nyc.com/double_drive3x.html This is double drive.

PS: Dude, forget all this.
    Get Tech21 PSA-1. You will forget about GAS for a very very long time to come.
    https://www.tech21nyc.com/psa_1_1.html

PPS: Dont forget to check out the soundclips. That way you can decide whihc one you want.

I dunno when I would be in Delhi. I guess in 2-3 months time.

9. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

err...check this out. there was the same photo in bajaao website also.

https://ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/amp-effect/effect/tech21/tri-ac.htm

dude, the psa1 is WAY out of my budget. plus its not available here. and as i mentioned before, i can't get any stuff from abroad for quite some time now.

dude, alpha1 are u based in bombay by any chance? because i'll be there between 16th and 23rd june.

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

As far as I know, there is only one colour Tri AC. U may be confused with the Tri AC for bass.

If u are going to Bombay, give Ashu a call, and ask him if u can try out the Tri AC. They usually let u try stuff out if u let them know in advance.
    U can also make use of their 15 day return policy. Buy it, and if u dont like it, send it back :beer:

There are a couple of ppl in Delhi with Sansamps, they hang out on RSJ. U could try asking them too.

Plus, if ur willing to wait till July end, I may release my line of Handmade Boutique pedals too ;)

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

PSA 1.1!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

12. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

^ does BAJAAO have a showroom or something in Mumbai ??? :think:

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Uh-oh!
    That IS Triac.
    and the color is black.

Just that the lighting is not done properly, that the color appears to be bluish.

Remember the triac has 5 knobs and one selecetor switch
    Whereas double drive has 6 knobs.

I am in Pune.

14. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

@ Double Click:

Bass Tri AC?? thats the first time im hearing that. how do i know whether its a tri ac for bass or guitar??

anyway now its on bajaao too, this blue colour is giving me the blues man hehe

https://www.bajaao.com/tech-21-sansamp-triac-distortion-pedal-p-3710.html?manufacturers_id=66

it says "Bajaao.com only accepts returns made within the first fourteen (14) days of shipment."

does this mean 14 days after THEY've shipped?? which means, it takes 3-5 business days for an item to reach the destination, meaning if i order it on wednesday, it might arrive next wednesday, and if i ship it back on thursday, then it might reach bajaao NEXT thursday which will be more than 14 days after it has been shipped. right? so i'll get ****ed.

and ya, who was the guy over here who ordered from bajaao and then ashu switched off his phone after the money was transferred. did the guy get his stuff finally?

And DC who are you talking about man? on rsj forums? i do post there regularly, don't remember anyone from delhi mentioning anything about owning a sansamp.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Handmade boutique pedals?

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

@raj.hendrix

born2tab was the one who ordered... Or was it lefty... Anyway, I remember him saying he got his stuff.

U better talk to ashu and confirm bout the returns policy. Y dont u just check it out while in Mumbai?

I dont remember who has the sansamp... It was a long time ago.

@alpha

Yup. I've made a couple of clean boosts and overdrives. Now working on creating my own design for an overdrive pedal. If it sounds good, I may put it into production. ( all this EC shit I'm learning has to be used for something, plus I need the cash)

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Elaborate. Which circuits did you make? Where did you source parts from? Your fellow DIYer wants to know;)

Damn, we need a dedicated DIY thread.

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

If you can design your own pedal circuit surely you can make your own poweramp too B|

19. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Don't give him any ideas now! Let him learn from your design :grin:

20. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I have no interest whatsoever in SS amps. I'm through playing them ;)