some queries ...

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ssslayer, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Mods/Admin
    just two things:

1. why is that the thread creator doesn't have the power to close the thread ... when a similar power exists to edit the post ... i guess power for closing the thread should also be given ...

2. the signatures do not support the tags ... :( ... y?
    tags like bold italic ...

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

ya
    i think the 1st query shd be answered..
    valid point..
    why does the thread creator dosent have the power to close the thread as and when he wants......???? :think:

3. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yup...valid question...btw i kno wat they'll reply...."PM mod if u want therad to be closed" :p: ....

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm ... i guess the MODs are anyway quite busy ...
    why should thye be burdened with this effort?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The thread creater shouldn't have the rights to close the thread because there are postings of other members also which are there in the thread. Since you cannot own other's postings as well, closing your own thread is a NO NO.

Editing is still your own, maybe correcting your mistake or something like that.

But once posted, all the postings are property of IGT and not any of the members.

I might be wrong in my reasoning but these were things we used to have when I was a moderator of a different forum.

bob-bobby and (deleted member) like this.
  6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well the MODs willl always have the power to reopen or close the thread ...

am not taking away that power from them ...

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Ronnie has answered your question, reps for you ronnie.

We interfere in extreme cases like for eg spamming, bad language, offensive threads etc. If members were allowed to close thread its bound to be misused, threads will be closed for no reason at all. Like ronnie said opening a thread doesnt mean you own the thread, its the websites property and only admins / mods are entrusted with the power of closing and opening website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.