some people call me the muslim cowboy...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by boutitboutit, Mar 4, 2007.

1. boutitboutit

boutitboutit New Member

howdy,

i'm fawad, from miami, florida, u.s. i'm 28 and play guitar, am starting to learn keyboard, and rock out on the kazoo. 'm the founder and lead singer of the satirical muslim fusion comedy group (most of whom keep quitting on me, but which is vast and has many chapters): the musilm cowboys. i'm a journalist by training. and a bum by profession. oh and i act a bit. (i just did a musical).

i also like to draw and write mopey poetry (you can see some of it here: www.faviqawal.deviantart.com). nice to meet you all. i was born and raised in miami, but my fam's from karachi, pakistan, and before that from U.P. India.

i mostly like western rock, alternative, rap/hip-hop, classical, etc. music, and not most modern indian stuff or ghazals as much, though i do love qawali and classical stuff. some of the new stuff is cool and it's all obviously impressive in terms of composition and performance, etc. (blows me out of the water.) the UK south asian fusion stuff is also very cool to me.

So anway, there you go, that's me. Hi. Salams. Namaste. Satsiriakal. Hola. etc. :)

2. Radha Talwar

Radha Talwar New Member

Hi I have started learning Guitar and quite keen playing Indian songs, can somebody advise either web site where I can find Indian Songs Tabs or can email me tabs.

Thanks

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I've always wanted to go the US and start a band called "F-uck you cowboys, we're Indians".

Welcome, I'd love to hear recordings/see videos of your work.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Before that.....and before that.....and before that......We are really worried....Please tell us.....

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Sarcasm doesnt become you ronnie, you're just too nice a fellow for that, we <3 you.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

<3 doesnt fit you dist you are just too nice a fellow for that, stop it.

7. d_ist_urb_ed

:|...............

8. shak

shak Harrr!

...... *repeats*

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

What does it mean by <3 . I read it as Less Than 3 and I couldn't understand...what's less than 3 :eek:: :eek:: ...I am e-dumb....

10. d_ist_urb_ed

Awww <3 is a heart, tilt your head sideways.

11. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

There's this site called indianguitartabs.

12. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

<3 looks more like an ice cream cone :p

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Which side?

Coz if you tilt your head left side it looks like a tapered butt ..

14. shak

shak Harrr!

go about 360 degs and looks like something very lame ..

a big LOL @notty and the tapered butt. :)

15. d_ist_urb_ed

:| You're all sick people......

16. shak

shak Harrr!

^ surprise!! :D