SOftware based guitar effects..............

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Dethr0, May 14, 2010.

1. Dethr0

Dethr0 New Member

Any one have any idea about software based guitar effect that work with low latency.....????????????????????
    i already tried guitar fx but the latency is quit high ..
    so i am thinking to make my comp a effect unit......does any one already tried this..

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

AmpliTube 3 (IK Multimedia) and GuitarRig (Native Instruments).
    To work with low latency, you need a low/zero latency soundcard!

3. Dethr0

Dethr0 New Member

have any idea on Which kind of soundcard is suitable for any software to work right now i dont have the money 2 buy line6 studio gx or ux....so need to get a device to connect guitar n having low latency.........any suggestion on this

4. Dethr0

Dethr0 New Member

I am having some latency with the guitar rig 3 soft connected via line in port ..........changing the sound card is going to help me ??????????

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

If your soundcard isn't a professional card, then yes it is your soundcard causing the latency problems!
    About what soundcard is the best for you, i don't know cause i'm not a guitarist, but i'm sure the guitarplayers here can help you out of this!
    M-audio cards are very good and payable cards!

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

There would be some latency no matter what sound card you use(because the computer has to process the data and has to channel that to the O/P device..)...the best way is to buy a processor for yourself, rather than going for a 10K sound card. I hope you got my point..