So i went back to the store and....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Mr. Scary, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Alright, I originally bought a Wa shburn Force 5 five string bass. Upon buying it, I took it to my best friend who works at a guitar store here. He showed me a new bass he got, an Ibanez DWB35, Doug Wimbish's signature bass. For some stupid reason I actually traded my brand new Washburn Force 5 for that bass and thought i was in love.

I've had the ibanez bass for perhaps 2 weeks or so. Just 3 days ago i went back to the store to notice that the Washburn was still not put up on the rack yet (he said he didnt have time to clear space for it). So for no reason i plug it in and start playing to the point my head snaps "I TRADED THIS FOR SOME IBANEZ PIECE OF ****?!?!". Signature model or not, a mid priced Washburn was able to easily outdo an Ibanez Signature model that usually sells for $1000+. I got a taxi, rushed home, got the POS ibanez, took it back to my friend and got the Washburn back.

People, never do anything stupid like i did.

People say the ibanez looked alot better, and i almost agree...the navy blue look is pretty ***y. Yeah, the force 5's pic looks like an apple with strings, but trust me it looks like S E X in "person".

Attached Files:

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

hehehehe...man when are u gonna record with it ???
    and yeah didnt u put EMG pickups on ur washburn?

3. Mr. Scary

Not yet, i ordered some. The ABT pickups are great though!

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

All I can say is LOL!!!

5. Mr. Scary

^ And thank you for letting me know who doug wimbish is.

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

btw hu's doug wimbish?

7. tejas

tejas ..........

LOL! That was pretty funny. And I personally think the washburn looks better than the Ibanez.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Never liked any of the Ibanez anyday. They suck in tone. Only thing about them is 24 Frets and Floyd Rose and bunch of well paid endorsee. :annoyed:

9. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

hehe...ur lucky the guy returned ur Washburn

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hehehe.......the washburn bass are lovly n so is ibanez!......even some particular yamaha ones are gr8!.........but i hate washburn ka x series......guitar neck......it looks like a face of some small donkey!...............anywayz,, @scary.......your story was a big LOL SHOW,,,,,,and congrats for getting back ur beloved washburn back! :rockon:

11. Mr. Scary

He played with:

The Rolling Stones
    Joe Satriani
    Sugar Hill
    Living Color

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

ohh ... thnx ...
    weird dat he played with the rolling stones and used a 5 string ..

13. Mr. Scary

Actually, he has a signature 4 string too.

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

^^Hehehehhe

15. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I completely agree. Funny thing though.

16. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

does stu hamm or billy sheehan have a signature bass?? or matt bisonette??

17. Mr. Scary

Stu Hamm has a signature bass if i am correct...i think sheehan has one too.

18. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

im not a bassits............though i can play guitar..never played ny bass........no lefty bassists...................i know.................. debankan, where is he??? he also plays bass.......