so...ghosts?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bjr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. augur

augur I love bjr

Where in my post did I imply that?

Sleep paralysis is probably worse than seeing ghosts. It's a regular thing with me and never fails to scare the shit out of me.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Wait...what is sleep paralysis? Explain and tell me what you go through. Also, it's interesting how you call it worse than seeing ghosts as if seeing ghosts might be a horrific experience?

and wouldn't things such as OOBE's be the stepping stone to assuming that spirits/ghosts exist? or is there an alternate explanation to these experiences?

3. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

The most whacked out experience I had was when I was sedated during a surgery last year. It was awesome. I'd love to do it again... In fact, I'm waiting to do it again... Technicolour patterns for backgrounds and ex-girlfriends floating around and god knows what not... It was like watching a cheap flick... oh, the joy!

4. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

^If you could get the sedative they give to pregnant women to bear the pain in extreme conditions .. Nothing like it.

No one will give it to you without a prescription though. Not even your friend who owns a medical shop.

They say it's an experience of relaxation just a step behind death.

5. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

^Been there, done that?

6. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

No and would not wanna.

Was explained all this by a medical guy.

7. augur

augur I love bjr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

It's more than what wikipedia has to say. It's terrifying. You're awake but can't move. Once I had it 4 nights in a row and then once when I was sleeping during the day on a Sunday. That freaked me out more then anything.

Oh, it's been happening to me for atleast 6-7 years now. I slept with the light on the first time it happened.

8. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I once, only once, had a lucid dream combined with sleep paralysis. It lasted a few seconds... it was not scary but I felt f*cking wierd after I woke up.

But I experience hypnic jerks very often. I actually love that :p

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

damn, shouldn't you be taking medication for that? They say it's curable on wiki.

I have the feeling that this might have happened to me once....and maybe it was hallucinations and not a nightmare since I woke up screaming.

do you have the hallucinations?

10. augur

augur I love bjr

I should shouldn't I? I've been meaning to go see a doc but always put it off. 2-3 drinks before sleeping helps ward it off.

Once I thought I was flying, being lifted up and me hanging onto my bed sheet for dear life. I was screaming but as usual nobody could here me. Then I started going round in circles... 2-3-4 times. I lost count. Then after what seemed like ages, i "woke up". First thing I did after putting on the lights is check if my bed sheet was in its place. It was.

That happened in the last week of Jan. The same thing happened again in the first week of March but even more violent. I think I'm being attacked by something the Entity maker would have been proud off.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

or maybe you were just being abducted by space aliens.

check your pooper for tracking devices.

12. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

sounds like x-files material... you lucky bastar*... I'm now pissed because nothing like that ever happened to me.

13. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

augur:eek:k seriously, you need to take medication. and drinking doesnt help. infact the intoxication just makes the experience more warped and exaggerated (scarier) take it from me, im on my way of becoming a doc. :banana: i didnt check out the wiki link but sleep paralysis is usually associated with narcolepsy..and could be hereditary. check if your folks have it. and docs usually advise an individual to take medication if it occurs atleast once a week for six months.. you got it bad, apparently.

@bjr: most haunted is gay. sorry. but it looks rigged. you dont need to watch it twice to figure that out.

@ thread: wow..another ghost thread? sigh..i got some stories under my belt. but im too lazy. lol.

14. augur

augur I love bjr

Drinking may not help but it helps me sleep lot better. Nobody in my family has had any such experiences as far as I know.

Once a week for six months? Ha. More like thrice a week. I know I don't get much sleep.. it's 3 now and I'm not at all sleepy, probably get up by 9 tomorrow but that for seems enough. Maybe I should go see a doc before this kills me.

15. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

@augur: Pray for 2 3 min before u go to sleep

16. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

yea......learn da hanuman chalisa by heart.............lol.................dats wat my mom used to tell me wen i was a kid...........

17. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

u are lazy for a lot of things.smoking makes u lazy:p(offtopic-smoking thread)

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ hah. thats true. it does..
    i need blueberry :cool:

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

pfft, post stories dumdum.

and yes, you can tell that it's rigged but confirmation isn't easy.

20. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Also World's Scariest Places, especially the one with Chillingham castle, it didn't convince me.