SNDT COMPETITION :: worst experience ever...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Mar 11, 2006.

1. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

i had been to band competition yesterday at SNDT juhu...the worst experience i had...even slipknot came there...same with him....the competition included all music from heavy to hindi songs...and to top it,the judges caled wer one from septre and two more people who wer rock people..so i don think ul be surprised to know whom the first place went to....the worst experience coz the amp used to go OFF and ON in the middle of playing...the system man didnt know himself which knob control was for wich guitars and all...and to top it all,he put my volume OFF during our lamhe song...slipknot ka didnt start only.......at the end of day, all bands wer just swearin tht fukin system provided.........:mad:

moral :: never go in competitions unless u have ur own sound technician....

2. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

I agree!!! I know some band members here and I went to see them play...sound system sucked big time...but the next they arranged their own sound techie!!!

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Sound people aren't as stupid as you reckon them to be. A lot of time it's delibrate...especially at the inter-school/college level.

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

who won???

5. abhimanjrekar

@ bjr, ya dude wo hain....

@ spy, metal messiah band won...

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@bjr

yeah. i've seen them deliberately mess up with levels.

7. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

hey abhi hey ppl.. it was very disappointin for da bands to play widout amps ..as i was order by tht freak soundwala to play directly(output).. how can i play widout amps??????? cheap sounds.......at the end of da day it was a shame for us ,though our vocalist got good response coz like v played our original song Zakhm...sum respite lol.....

8. chill_guitarist

chill_guitarist New Member

I dont think it was delebrate for the sound tech to mess up winning band also lost sound in the between.there was a lot of feedback sound for the guitars, so the speakers were bad.how ever even thow the show dint go as well as we thought,it was a good experience to play there.

9. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

hey where u a part of it??? i mean u in which band???
    i guesss the metal messiah guitarist lost the power supply so hez things got whooped but after tht he managed to finish da song properly. yea the amps where very bad n the sound didnt had ne experience .. u wont believe he did my soundcheck in 1 min...:mad: n told me 2 start playin ...lol

10. abhimanjrekar

^^ hahaha...me too......i still say the system sucked hard.....

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

that sort of thin never happens at our
    school(well our school being the hosts never takes part)

we get a reall good tech guy and the amps r normally marshall stacks so...
    all the guitars sound awsome!

u guys r soo lucky u saw slipknot live.

12. abhimanjrekar

i saw him live but couldnt see him play live.....

13. chill_guitarist

Hey i was the guitarist of synergy,abhisheks band.

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i dont think hes referring to slipknot the band, LOL....i think its more of slipknot the IGTmember...

15. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

hindi rock band or metal band???? which songs did u played juss enlighten me cant remember much..

16. abhimanjrekar

arey slipknot ,mera re...we played aadat and wo lamhe in the 4th slot.....

17. chill_guitarist

Hey u do know abhishek right,songs by jal adat lamhe.

18. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

hey tht christian guy. amilo???

19. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

dude u better call me by sum other name coz sum ppl misunderstood tht slipknot(the band) came for tht freaky show lol..

20. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I read that as SNOT competition and said well that's suprising then.