Smoking.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bjr, Apr 10, 2008.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think that's why they're a fad.

2. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

petunia summed it well.to put it another way...ur brain is like a dog.

any kinda addiction is a form of reward system.u reward ur body or brain with a kick.. be it nicotine,cannabinol or snow and ur body/brain will want it more often.

jus like a dog.

3. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I can't smoke more than two a day... I feel sapped out and my brain rejects the idea of smoking. How do you explain that?

4. rocksta

noooob

lol this ones easy.lemme guess...u just started smokin huh.
    wont be long when u gonna enjoy being sapped out..)

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But in any case the effect of tobacco via smoking is not as strong as via chewing.

Damn Zarda, it makes the head go for a spin, almost the moment you touch it to your tongue. and the effect too lasts longer ...

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

When and why did you start? -- Around 6 years back because it was 'cool'.

How much do you smoke? -- A packet (20 sticks) lasts max 3 days.

Do you want to quit now? -- No.

Does it bother you that it is bad for health? -- No.

Does lack of freedom have anything to do with starting to smoke? It's a trend I've seen amongst my friends. -- Could be. Im not sure. Most of my friends who do smoke never had any 'lack' of freedom.

Is it perceived as cool to smoke? -- Could be. I started in college since it was cool. Stopped for a year. Started again out of stress and boredom (maybe urban isolation). Now Im just addicted.

7. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

Smoking for three years is not just starting, is it?

8. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ eightytwo: dude, three years or seven.
    the fact that you feel sapped out and your mind and body reject the idea of more nicotine, is A GIFT!!! take it and run.. FAR

you shouldnt force yourself to smoke..actually, while im writing this, i cant help but think why you even continue to do so..

@ rocksta: yea, it is a little crude to think of us as dogs, but if you push away the superiority complex that is inbuilt in all of us.. a dog is pretty much how it is.
    its sad.

@elfascinating: you may be right when you say the hookah served at the cafes is crap. ive been to a couple of indian "coffee" shops .. and well, to tell you the truth, it IS crap. The men who make it, no offense are just how to make it..but they dont know why they are doing what they are. If you know why, then everything makes so much sense.. and you just get better at packing and smoking.

@bjr: milk, dude! If you smoke your hookah at a friends house, and not a cafe you need to try this out.. And im sure some of the guys here, (whove done it) can agree. In the water bowl.. substitute milk for water. Or any other juice/alcoholic beverage, for that matter. And tell me what you think! :)

9. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I don't force myself... I still smoke one a day(not by rule) because a long drag gets me slightly high. I like working buzzed. And I mostly smoke only at work.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah, okay. I'm gonna do that someday...I think.

11. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

@Petunia: Even if I had the "non-indian-cool" hookah you're mentioning, I won't enjoy it as much because Hookah/smoke/etc is all about the kick for me. The stronger the better.

pet-bjr: We do get hookahs with milk in cafes too.

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

not here you don't. And if you want a kick, you could do hookah with pot couldn't you?

And isn't the original hookah different from what you do in cafes?

13. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Yes. It is different.
    Not many people would be able to smoke original hookah. That's why.

14. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I smoked a apple flavoured hoohah once. It didn't get me high but I was fascinated by it because I never used to smoke back then. Should try the real stuff now...

I have some Burmese beedies hidden in my draw...

15. rocksta

potty

@bjr hookah with pot in it is potent.jus like chillum but stronger.

@82 beedies rock.much safer than cigs.tho takes sum gettin used to.

howmny ppl here believe beedies safer?

16. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I thought beedies were more potential tickets to the blue yonder.

17. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@elfasc: thats true. its about the kick. and if you into the stronger..then you should smoke the original ( but i guess you already do that)

@ bjr/elfasc: and yes, the original is damn strong. my friends dad has two hookahs .. one for flavored and the other one for original tobacco hookah. its so strong, the bowls and pipes reek.. you cant use them for anything else.

you can smoke it with weed. sprinkle a few with cinnamon powder in an apple bowl. ;)

@rocksta: are you kiddin? those things are bad, right?? im confused.

18. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

@petunia: r u really confused.

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

yea i am. i had always thought beedies were like weed and grass..
    apparently im wrong. and its safer. :shock:

20. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

No beedi is not safe it contain tobbaco, its is made of leaf called" tendu patta"