sme1 plz try to make me understand this....

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by sisu, May 31, 2005.

1. sisu

sisu New Member

E A D G B e
    +-----------+
    Bm 2 2 4 4 3 2 bar at 2nd or x x 4 4 3 2
    Bm7 2 2 4 2 3 2 bar at 2nd or x x 4 2 3 2
    F# 2 4 4 3 2 2 bar at 2nd or x 4 4 3 2 2
    A 0 0 2 2 2 0
    E 0 2 2 1 0 0
    G 3 2 0 0 0 3
    D x 0 0 2 3 2
    Em 0 2 2 0 0 0
    how to read this...i know the chords but wt does tht number means...some1 from igt tried to make me understand but he failed,....if sme1 else can give a try...plsssss

2. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

what does which numebr mean? there are so many numbers

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hope this helps

ok..
    these r chord positions..ok?
    lets take the example of Em chord..it is>>

0 2 2 0 0 0

the BLUE 0 is the top most thickest E string which is to be played open..O means open..open bole to.. w/o pressing any fret

the BLACK 2 is that on the A string that second from top u have to press 2nd fret..u know what fret means?? the blocks u may say

the next DARK RED 2 means that on the D string thats third from top..u have to press second fret

for the rest GRAY three 0s.. u have to play them all open..like i just told u!!

and then just strum..tring...bingo u played Em..congrats! :p:

(( basic idea is..the far right is the top thickest E string then the next on left is A (2nd from top) next on left is D ( 3rd string from top) next on left is G (4th from top) next is B ( 5th from top) last that is far right is E..bottom string!!
    if any number is written on this that means that..that particular fret has to be pressed!!....hope that has helped ya..temme if even that didnt ring any bell..phew
    !! )) :dance:

tahda!!

4. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

hey you started on the far right and finished on the far right by travelling left...
    while I firmly believe in the circularity of life I think your post needs some editing ;)

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

corrections

SORRY...!!
    the last part>>

the basic idea is the far left is top thickest E then the next on left is A (2nd from top) next on left is D ( 3rd string from top) next on left is G (4th from top) next is B ( 5th from top) last that is far right is E..bottom string!!

if any number is written on this that means that..that particular fret has to be pressed

a small typo..that was! sorry again..and thanx ananth! :p:

tahda!!

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

haha circularity of life... that was killer....

yup nice explanation vini - doubt neone couldve put it better...

7. sisu

sisu New Member

hey vini...i understood wt u said but...from wt u say... i concluded tht..as a begginer wt v learned as E i.e 1st finger on 1st fret of D ,2nd finger on 2fret of B and 3rd finger on 5th string i.e on A on 2nd fret...so for any song if they have given as above v shudnt think of the original chords n play as the respective numbers n strings indicate....right? hope u got wt m i tryin to say!!!!!

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

eh

firstly 1st fret of D string is D#..yaar!!

i seriously couldnt get ur quoted part^..ru talking abt Em chord above ..Em is second fret on A string and second fret of D string?? but yeah...this 022000 signifies a chord only..and when uL search for chords of a song they wont display like this..022000 ..u know,,they will simply tell u the chord name...

hey u better start learning chords.. learn all majors and minors to begin with!!
    and remember..dont lose ur patience..else u wont be able to learn guitar..and if u have to ask further..thoda sa..clearly ask the question..u urself can get that above how much u have confused me..anywayz..all the best!!

tahda!!

9. sisu

sisu New Member

:eek:: i m not ble to write the proper A..the way i learned...hope u can adjust...i mean after i write n say post quick reply...its gettin messed up...

10. sisu

sisu New Member

still not getting...newaz wt i understood from wt u have replied is tht v shouldnt play the chords the way v have learned but shud play the way its given in the songs....right?

11. sisu

sisu New Member

newaz ..i learned as ...its like 1st finger on 4th string 2nd fret...2nd finger on 3rd string 2nd fret...n 3rd finger on 2nd string on the same 2nd fret.....n wt is given over there is different?hope u got wt m sayin/

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

u mean Amaj chord??..its a string below.. Amajor is>>

middle finger on second fret of 4th string from top..then ur ring finger on second fret of 3rd string ..then ur last finger(pinky) on 5th string ..second fret!!

try notepad...i hope then it wont get messed up..one more way to depict Amajor chord is

E|--|- -|
    A|--|- -|
    D|--|-2-|
    G|--|-3-|
    B|--|-4-|
    E|--|- -|

i have tried to make frets..the position is on 2nd fret..hope it stays the same..when i post...lol...now these 2 3 4 are ur finger names..
    1-index
    2-middle
    3-ring
    4-smallest/pinky

thats all.....for now!!..hop i've cleared ur doubt

tahda!!

13. sisu

sisu New Member

yup thts wt i was tryin to tell ....hey thanks a lot....this time i really understood ...thanks a ton....by the way did ya check my poems in poems n lyrics forum...just try wen ya get free,n let me know how is it?ok n one more thing i liked the way u say bye...i mean tht TAHDA!!!!

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

heehe..great to see that i have helped u..although i too am a newbie..but i can understand the agony a person faces while learning guitar..ofcourse the initial stages...ok..iL check out ur poems..bro! even i posted sum of my poems at igt..sumtime back..hmm..anyways!! and yeah..this tahda! is a copyright..plz buy the ipr license to use this word..unless iL sue u!!...huhhhhhhhhhhahahaha..kidding!

tahda!!