Smashing Guitars

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by DrSaurabh, Aug 10, 2004.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

one thing i really hate about any guitarist is the smashing of the guitars as the song ends....i mean..that is so disrespectful, and doesnt look cool either...i guess this was started by pete townshed, when he accidentally broke the neck of his guitar when he jumped while playng in a club and hit the ceiling, the audience began laughing...and in his rage he just smashed his guitar....and the audience loved it...so much that this became a ritual...which was forawarded by the likes of poison and KISS...but people....you tell me ..what could be a bigger insult to ur guitar..or rather a bigger show of arrogance than smashing ur guitar at the end of the song..not to mention ungrateful... :ban:
    comments people....

2. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

don't smash em... mail em to poor ppl like me (I'll pay for shipping)

jayanth likes this.
  3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

He he.. You can Burn them tooo.. Camp Fire..

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i wud love to smash a guitar for sure if i ever do a concert ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bang .............

jayanth likes this.
  5. tejas

tejas ..........

I agree with you. I also dont like it when people smash their guitars. I find it highly insulting to the instrument.

DrSaurabh likes this.
  6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

BUT THAT IS SO NOT COOL....smashing the very thing which takes u to the very fame u have...thats so ungrateful

7. bob-bobby

hey guys u see the level of exitement at the moment ... most of the time , u wud be high on the fames i guess ......

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@tejas......you got it dude...highly insulting it is...

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@tejas ....
    that post just got u some reputation points man

10. bob-bobby

i think u guys taking it too seriously ,................ but smashin is cool maen ,,,

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

exitement my ass, reverence is something

12. bob-bobby

he he , everything is fair in love n war .... prob for the love of exitement & trance together , hehe

13. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

i'm with ananth........though it would be nice if they could pay for the shipping as well.

jayanth likes this.
  14. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I will definatly KICK bob if he does something like that.. I respect the Guitar so much that once when someone dropped his own guitar at Colege i went up to him and insulted him so bad that The whole college were shocked..

I'm a non believer in god.. But many Hearts believe that a Musical Instrument is Goddess Saraswathi.. I Keep my guitar for Pooja during Dusherra cause my Family members believe in it.. I respect that.. I believe in that too.. THat it may be teh goddess herself.. So Next time you think about smashing a guitar or Burning one.. Think about this..

15. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

see what you've done now bobby? you've made jay angry, didn't i tell you not to make jay angry!!!!

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@jay.............my thoughts exaclty man....apart from the sadness in destroying an amazing instrument..its about respect for it.......i dont even let my feet touch my guitar..let alone drop it( happened once to my pacifica and to the LP)but then i actuallly talked to the guitar and apologised.....non believers.....gloat......call me neurotic....but man ......u CAN NOT smash a guitar......
    other than that it is such a sensuous intrument..for starters the curves resemble the female form...(no wonder i dont like strats) and plus the strings....u have to be sensitive to them...u have to pluck em just right to make music ....how can ANY person in their right mind smash a guitar

17. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

so ur saying the strats dont have curves??????

thats the most ludicrous statement iv ever heard, fair enough you don't like strats but then to say it doesnt have curves? where's that confused smiley, enter it here.

but nywyz i wouldn't smash a guitar unless it was really really really crap and it would be better to smash it then play it, very rare indeed ! :p

bands like nirvana and green day normally destroy everything let alone the guitar, the amps, drum kit EVERYTHING. cobain always used to buy a crap guitar from a pawn shop (well not him personally) which he then used at the end of the concert to smash things up. but still its not a cool thing to do

18. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I get angry at such silly stuff..

19. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

no dude. . smashing guitars is'nt justified in any way. ..i'd kick anyone's ass if i see someone do it. .. .a guitar is what people are standing in front of you

20. bob-bobby

hey guys , chilll , gosh , i never meant to make this a flame......

really sorry to make you guys feel bad abt this , have never done it before , wanted to try it , but have dropped the idea now , have to still stay in igt ....

so guys who want the guitar , pm me your addresses along with ur phone nums and ur yahoo / hotmail ids , will send the guitar to ur house and will also pay for shipping , ...

cool jay ... :beer: :beer: