Small Fat fingers.. no good for playing fast leads

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by AtoZ, Dec 17, 2007.

1. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

Jagoo n Jugs, do u think tht the small fingers really hamper your fast guitaring.... wat ideally shud be finger length (i kno stpd q)????

please share ur precious tip n suggestions.... no doubt tht its really hard for small fingers to roll over the fretboard very fast....... pls advise..

2. ronrulzzz

ronrulzzz New Member

I personally dont think that small fat fingers are a hurdle to fast guitar playing...
    and definitely there's no 'ideal finger length'...there's tremelo picking, sweep picking an arpeggio say, trills etc...which help you to play faster
    being a beginner concentrate on building strength in all your fingers and playing clean....playing along with a metronome will help you a lot...u can keep increasing its tempo as you progress....you can gradually move on to the above mentioned and any more techniques...
    the most important thing here is not to feel down because you cant play fast...speed develops gradually...and ofcourse remember that speed is not everything...you dont need to have speed of malmsteen to be a good guitarist!
    keep practicing ..cheers!!

3. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

i count on that bro.. thanks.. i thot this thread nvr made it here..

anyway, a biggest stupid quest!!! this is ur 1st post after 2.5 yrs frm u joined n then how come so many points....

i think site is buggy... (0)-(0) .. ummmm u r n aussie, admin is buknor... :b LOL

4. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

someone might have donated :-/

i think with fat fingers ..you have control over the vibratos ..

5. ronrulzzz

ronrulzzz New Member

well i hv no clue wat that point thing is for...yea i just realized a few days ago that i have an account here....so strtd posting..