slide .....

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by shak, Nov 20, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

its a mix of, western blues, barre blues and power chords :)
    intro: western
    slide part: based on 12 barre blues (had to change the tuning as well)
    backing: all power chords :) .. A5, D5, B5, A#5
    end: again western ..
    the mixing is choppy, transitions not smooth .. but i thought its still worth sharing ..

do listen!!!!

https://rapidshare.de/files/7895570/slide.mp3.html

www.soundclick.com/shahrukhomar

and yeah need feed back this time .. because this is something i have never done before .. and i dont think many of us would have ..

oh yeah ...1:15 .. there is suppose to be a bass solo there ... (i thought it would sound good) so left a break .. if anyone can fill that in ..i'll be thankfull

2. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

hmmm.....nice@ srk ..... only if u cud make the recording more clear.... nice guitaring though...

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

that waz kinda phsycadelic ......
    ur guitars tone waz awsum...specially the lick u did for the intro...

but the parts with the slide were really haphazard...u shud work on it...
    and it wasnt also dat clear ...maybe u shud hav increased the VOL or sumthing

4. shak

shak Harrr!

@haris: .. umm did ya play lo-fi on soundclick? perhaps you can downlod the mp3 .. cuz i dun think recording is that bad ..
    @alfons: .. hmm right word haphazard .. but i am not a pro with slide .. i tried to keep it as clean as possible .. but i guess it just didnt work ..
    and the lick for intro? .. hehe yeah i lik/e it too ..
    E----------------------------------------12--/
    B----------------------------------------12--/
    G-5b6r5---3---------------/--------/--12--/
    D-------------5--0-h3-5---/-5--5--/--
    A------------------------------6--6--/--

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

hmmm...
    i never ever used a slide..b4 ....but use a steel battery instead ..hahha...NIPPO batteries are best as slides :d

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well
    to tell you the truth it didnt appeal too much to me ... but it sounded like Jeff Beck (who also doesnt appeal much to me) ...