Slayer

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Honsetly do people hate this band because of the way Kerry and Jeff solo? Just curious.

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

no ...

i dont hate the band :grin: ...

but on serious note ... i feel that the kinda music they play ... there is no need to put any solos ... it should be entirely riff based ... with some improvisation going on along with the riff (which does go on) ...

although if they start venturing into a little slower stuff (the way TestAmenT do), then solos will be good fit (even if the solos are fast)...

IMHO, KerryKing makes fabulous riffs (but he uses schitty Marshall JCM800s :annoyed: ) ... should use Mesa RECTUMS ... LOL ... dharmatma ... i love it ...

;)

3. Mr. Scary

Hahaha, did you know Tom Araya is Christian? Thought that was pretty interesting.

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Slayer = Killer riffs and bad solos= One of my biggest influences

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

next u'll tell me that he is a harcore catholic ... who believes in Pope ...

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@sslayer
    i heard sumwhere dat he's A HARCORE christian
    goes 2 church everyday!

7. Mr. Scary

im not sure about that, but it is known as a fact that Tom Araya is a Born Again Christian. Hes not hardcore though, since he disagrees with many concepts of religion. He's also a firm believer in the seperation of Church and state.

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I dont like slayer because of its vocals. The rest of the band is awesome.

9. westarend

westarend New Member

dude, apart frm super riffs and fast leads, slayer stands out ( i think) cause of araya's vocals, man. how can u say such a thing. i dunno about others but his voice in "angel of death" and other such songs r mindblowing. his voice is stuck somewhere betwn clean vocals and hardcore throating.

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ahh..
    i say their live concert dvd reign in blood or somethin..

the solos were really really really ahhh...

lemme explain..jeff hanneman went..
    katitititititititiittiitit..tuuuuuuuu(off bend)tiitititititiititiitpatitititiittitiitit:::::whaaaaaaawhoooowhhhhhaaaaaaw..katti..

kerry king went..
    burburburburbrubrurburbrubrurburbrua...tititititititititiitttttttttttttttti..wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

apart from that the band is cool.

11. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

slayer !! i dnt like them...and their style of music

12. westarend

westarend New Member

ha ha .....tats sreiously funny, dude. but on a serious note, i think slayer just wants to get over with their songs, .....early. tats why they play fast lead.

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ...

i guess dharmatma ... anything on guitar will sound like that esp if u use the wah ...

better u take up violin or piano ... or mebbe drums ...

14. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^^ ahh..u seriously need to listen to other metal guitar players...who actually make sense with guitar.
    wah and the whammy bar should be used when needed and not "all" the time.

thats probably y i rate marty friedman,jeff loomis and guys like them much much higher.

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah marty friedman is gr8 ... good that he evicted himself out of megadeth ...

16. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ jus to let u know ..he is playin with a japanese pop artist now.hahah.

but he has come out with one more solo album..and a new ibanez signature of his is comin out soon.

17. Mr. Scary

Why the **** does ssslayer's reputation suck? Do people on the board actually get offended that easily?!?!

Kill the NEWBS!!!!

Seriously, ssslayer is not a bad guy...some of his posts turn me on.... :shock:

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

which one ??? :shock:

well that rep thing is due my own experimentation :mad: and thefts :eek:: ... no other person to be blamed for it (well not exactly :think: )... anyway thanx for the concern ...