Slash Vid

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DrSaurabh, Oct 9, 2004.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

2. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i have this already...rocks..

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Cool clip.. It rox

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

its from the illusions tour of 1992, and this dude was nominated for a grammy for this, its the love theme from godfather,...

5. jayanth

He played that in every venue of the tour.. And not one place he made an error

6. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

thats why i ADORE this guy ... he's just toooooo good . To me he defined guns n roses more than axl .... the drunk shirtless dude seeing whose face was a rarety ,with a gibson n a cigarette n that oh so cute hat .... lol .... he's the best .... (ok lets not get into that ... lemme just say .. to me he's the best )

SLASH FACTS :
    he is good at BMX bikes ..... even when drunk
    he went to school with lenny kravitz ....
    the les paul from the november rain video is joe perrys n he gifted that one back to perry on his 50th birthday .
    he once told charley sheen that his drinking was outta control (the running joke being .. " you know your drinking is way outta control when SLASH tells you its outta control ")
    He signed off the legal rights to GNR to axl rose just cuz he wanted to play a gig and axl wont go out without getting the rights to the band
    He was the most drunk n drug addicted member of gnr originally , he's clean now
    he actually stopped 3 separate riots by simply playing guitar solos to crowds when axl didnt show up for gigs . on one occasion duff n matt joined him but were shooed away ... the crowd simply wanted to hear him play ... :)

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

SLASH ROCKS......does anyone have the tabs to that by any chance..

8. jayanth

To WHAT?? I donmt see requests out of the Air.. All tab requests are made in the English Tabs Forum..

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Finally i got theGNR use your illusion 2 world tour dvd.........man that show rocked......the best was teh finale when slash goes into the crowd to play paradise city, and hes playing all the while running around, trying to dodge his bodyguards who are trying to stop him from goin there........THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A SHOW...
    there is a funny aspect to the vid tho(i found it funny),axl tore his nipple with the nipple piercing he had.....u can make out clearly..in paradise city he as a band aid on it...i guess all the dancing and running aorund takes its toll on u
    Also got the remember shakti CD, amazing compostition ........

10. jayanth

Yuck.. Axl is GROWSE..

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

yeah he is....Y DOES HE have to wear knickers for the show...????? but other than that the concert was a killer one.....
    after they play you could be mine..there was a drum solo....matt sorum is drum god... :nw:
    and then slash plays this killer solo.....i he does something with the mic completley inside his mouth....the only explantion i can give is....hes generating feedback......

12. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

hmm.. GnR and shakti in one purchase?? sweet!
    get "A handful of beauty" by Shakti (the original 70s shakti) its their best recording in my opinion. Listen to the song "Isis" for the definition of rhythm and guitar improvisation!

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmm.....will get it if i can get my hands on it.......i loved the tabla piece at the end of Bell'Alla

14. skaw

skaw snooze

oh its the same movie you told me to watch ... i have watch it about 50 times now .. its jus incredible ... i wish to be a quater as good as him .. :nw:

15. gnr311982

gnr311982 New Member

hello ppl . i am a gnr fan and would like to know from where i can get their videos. SNIP
    thank you

16. jayanth

GNR please dont request Copywritten Material here.. Also Please Donem post your email id in Threads..

MODERATOR..

Mat Sorum and Drum God?? You're kidding..

Havent you heard Mike Portnoy, The Symhony X guy(Cant get the name now) , Virgil Donati??

17. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

mike portnoy is a really good drummer.. :nw:

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

am not too much into drums man.........hardly know anything abotu em........saw the drum solo in the concert thing and loved it......cant get over the live version of paradise city tho......SLASH IS AN AMAZING ENTERTAINER..........