Singer James Brown dies at 73

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by lord_neo, Dec 26, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

James Brown, the undeniable "Godfather of Soul," told friends from his hospital bed that he was looking forward to performing on New Year's Eve, even though he was ill with pneumonia. His heart gave out a few hours later, on Christmas morning.

The pompadoured dynamo whose classic singles include "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" and "I Got You (I Feel Good)" died Monday of heart failure, said his agent, Frank Copsidas of Intrigue Music.

"People already know his history, but I would like for them to know he was a man who preached love from the stage," said friend Charles Bobbit, who was with Brown at the hospital. "His thing was 'I never saw a person that I didn't love.' He was a true humanitarian who loved his country."

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061225/ap_on_en_mu/obit_brown

2. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Its a really sad day.Musicians like him dont come often.Papas got a brand new bag and *** machine are killers.

3. rohit

rohit New Member

he was a good musician!

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

So James Brown is dead and nobody cares?

r.i.p. IGT.

5. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

^Come to think of it , you are absolutely right.Even a who is the best actor thread gets more replies.Tch tch.

6. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

That is sad news...I remember I liked his track "I feel good" which was used in the tropicana ad when it was first launched in India.I didnt' know the artist then..
    I also liked his track "living in America" from Rocky 4.Can't say that I was his greatest fan or anything but since his songs have made it to my music library,may his soul rest in peace.

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

This is sad.....I always liked him. Godfather of soul was too cool. R.I.P