Sidney Sheldon dies at 89

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by the_wizard, Jan 31, 2007.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm
    His fans can cry.
    I never liked his stuff and he died at a ripe age so who cares.
    Just thought I should spread the news.

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

3. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Thank you for spreading the news :)

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

His novels were bad....

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I never read his novels .. but gurls drool over his romantic/erotic/whatevertheyare novels!?

6. yeah.. thats very bad.. btw who is sidney sheldon...

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

He writes feminist inspired novels, similar to the telugu movies except with the s.ex reversed. It's like watching Wizard's videos except with a female playing the hero's part. A female beating all odds to achieve success in a predator (man) filled world. Oh yeah, the sensuality sucks ass.

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Lol!

I'm getting it why gurls are nuts about it.

9. Sidney Sheldon made lewd cheap tackey novels for his Hollywood paymasters.
    Some clearly depicting Arabs/Moslems as the dirty villains.

No need to tell you which tribe he belonged to.

10. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

yeah.. his novels were kinda monotonous.. all had the same 'girl is abused, girl fights back, girl takes revenge' theme.

however, when i read his novels for the first time (wasnt aware of his repetitive theme in all his novels at that time), i liked the 'If Tomorrow Comes', 'Master of the Game' & 'Tell Me Your Dreams'..

Infact, in 'If Tomorrow Comes' thrz an incident where the main characters fool a chessmaster in the game of chess. Its a nice plot, but the fact is, already such an incident took place in real life, where the chess master concerned was Mr. Alekhine (I read about it in a chess book in the 'Alekhine Defence' chapter). Thrz a gud chance Mr. Sheldon made a copy of it. hehe :). But, in real life, Alekhine emerged the winner.

Its a funny story.. a bit of off-topic:
    One day Mr. X & Mr. Y thought of earning a few bucks by fooling Alekhine (a grandmaster) in chess.They bet him tht he cannot win against both of them while playing them at the same time. Alekhine (lets call him Mr. A) was kinda amused & he accepted the offer (since grandmasters often play against 50-100 ppl at the same time.
    In the 1st board Mr. A played with White pieces against Mr. X & in 2nd board he had to play with Black picees against Mr. Y.
    When Mr.A made a move (with white)in Board 1 against Mr. X, Mr. Y made the same move against Mr. A in Board 2.Wotever Mr. A moved (with black pieces) against Mr. Y, Mr.X played the same move against Mr. A in Board 1!!
    So, effectively, Mr. A was playing against Mr. A (i.e himself!!). Either he will win in one game & lose the other or both wud be a draw. So he cant win both!!

After quite a few moves, Mr. A makes a wrong move purposely in Board 1 and pretends wants to take his move back.Mr.X obejcted.. 'No u cant'. So Mr. A makes a sad face and continued with his move which is not a very gud move (but his position wont be that bad). In Board 2, Mr. Y notices that Mr. A had made a wrong move, so he thinks 'why repeat the same bad move'? so he decided to come with a different move which is not the bad move of Mr. A.
    From now on... with that one different move, the two games takes two entirely different paths and are completely different and needless to say, Mr. A went on to win both the games and the bet.. ehhe!! neat huh! :)

but in his novel, Mr. S (shidney sheldon) didnt add this last twist. The chessmaster lost in the end.

anywys, like his work or hate his work, i dont think there is any reason to criticise him so much after his death.
    Even if ppl want to, i dont think this is the apt thread, atleast thats wot i cud make out from the thread title.
    i'm not saying ppl shud hail him or his work, i myself dont like his work much as well, but thrs a time and place for everything.

r.i.p Mr. SS.

peace :beer:

11. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Peace dude. Now get out :grin:

12. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

O P Nayyar will have to do with crappy lyrics
    RIP

13. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

I read "Tell Me Your Dreams" by Sheldon and can't say it was all that boring...
    It was on the 'girl abused and her revenge' theme but it had a bit of suspense and included "multiple personality disorder" which made it somewhat interesting...
    R.I.P

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Agreed. Tell Me Your Dreams was one of the few of his books that I actually managed to get through but I'd read a book along very similar lines a bit before that so that took the shine off a little.

Honestly speaking, he never really moved me.

15. I have yet to meet someone who admired his litarary skills having read his books.

There were nothing more than comic book litrature.
    But the point is he made loads of money from saps who got taken by the hollywood hype.

Now take Harold Pinter who is probably the greatest living playwrite at the moment.
    He has won (deservedly) every possible literary honour.
    I highly recommend his works.

I pont this out only because he too is Jewish, and don't want the anti-jew accusations