Shruti -Ina Mina Dika 2005 in portland mp3s

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jayswami, Apr 24, 2005.

1. nikamma1112

nikamma1112 New Member

Finally heard all of them ...

Inteha ho gayi and Sayoni are the pick of the lot. No doubt about that. And O Humdum was cooooooooooooooool! Cool solo, loved that bit of improvisation!

I thought the singing wasn't all that great in some of the numbers. Especially Hum Tum, where the female voice went up and down and a little off-track at places. Even in some other tracks, the singing didn't seem upto the mark.

But the overall music and guitaring in Hum Tum was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Love that intro ... could you pls pls tab the whole song?! Including the arpeggios in the intro?

Waiting for more songs to be uploaded ... :rockon:

- Raj.

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

humtum back vocalist was singing deaf (couldnt hear herself), so was wavering.. main vocalists did good job in my opinion, drummer couldnt maintain a steady tempo, bass was amazing, and prasanna ganapule did awesome job on the keyboards.. he's the one who played the piano riff, and strings which form the body of the song. in the original, the piano continues behind the vocals, but since he was occupied with playing other tracks, I added a guitar arpeggio part which is not there in the song.. i lifted the idea from na tum jano na hum from kaho na pyar hai :) fits in nicely on hum tum. btw i removed all links to the mp3s, except sayoni. we have the main big show this saturday,didnt want seattle people to find out about our songs.. :) shoulda thought about that before . I will upload the seattle mp3s which will be 100 times better mainly because its gonna be a jam packed auditorium around 1000+ people, so energy level will be much higher.

Cheers,
    J

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

hey.. all da best jay.. !! thumbs up.

4. hotobhaga

hotobhaga GraMMaR GoD :p:

hey jay,
    well...! mannnnn... mere to bolti bandh ho gaya...! absolutely nice job... waiting for more...!
    btw... i was used to be a silent surfer of IGT :p: ... but couldn't stop sending reply of this thread after listening all the songs...!
    good job..! Thumbs up for u and ur band.

5. Liquid

Liquid New Member

nice site....nice band.....and the music is nice of course....how can it not be nice with J in the band..

how come u guys have so many ppl?.....dont u think u should "trim" the band down....are all those ppl really needed?.......ur an amazing guitarist with amazing knowledge on theory.....u said the drums and bass are good....so in reality they must be frickin awesome lol.....so why dont u audition for a good vocalist and try to go even further?....

well u can keep this band as well....just as a side thing....

and its cool u guys play for chairites....keep up the good work :)

and why the name shruti?

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^i am just a freelance player who is playing 4 5 songs for them. my band is east india company, we will have a gig later this summer.. we are a 5 piece unit no excess baggage :)

most desi bands r 15-20 in size.. i dont know why.. u r right many people and instruments r redundant.. i think mainly because these bands r made up of part timers, who have a day job. like desi bands have 2 or 3 drummers, 3 or 4 keyboard players,bass guitarist, 1-2 guitarists,2-3 ethnic percusionists and at least 4 vocalists. thats the usual set up of desi bands here. even desi public who comes to see the show is like that. they dont like it if one or 2 vocalists sing all the songs. they get bored.

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

I am not that good enough when it comes to indian music.

i dont know why the band is named shruti.

if i forma desi band.. i will name is Fokat Sound (a take on Puget Sound)

cool name for seattle area desi band :p:

for eg crideep's bay area band is named Bay Sur :p:

8. Subhro

hahahaha.. that was nice.

9. Liquid

Liquid New Member

i like the name east india company....sounds cool :D....

and thats oretty weird that there are so many ppl in a band like that....

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i think u dont go to indian music shows often. for indian music, you sually have a troupe or an orchestra.. all the miscelanous percusion, chorus etc etc 15 -20 is a normal size for indian music troupe actually.. even professional ones. the music tends to be more complex too... than rock bands.

11. Subhro

hey j.. y don u play dat rock version of raina beeti jaye in ur upcomin concert.. :) tht was nice..
    also dat patriotic tune which paani poori reqstd and u recorded in a jiffy (gavaskar runnin wid mashal in rain :p: ).. dat was awesome too !!
    all da bes 4 ur show! rock da house :)

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

its not my band, such creative masterpieces are usually shunned by indian audiences and bands :p: rock raina beeti jaye lol