Should Saurav Ganguly play in the Indian team

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sam_rules, Jun 16, 2005.

1. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

S0urav is S0urav..........He's done his job...no difances..:rock:

2. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

dude change ur location to bengaluru!

jamhead likes this.
  3. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

any new face would be better than ganguly!
    and im sure more than half of the ganguly supporters r bongs!
    guys stop lobbying for that sorry *** ****
    instead promote the awesome bengali metal bands that u guys have!

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

yes sourav should play in the team..
    by team i mean his ranjhi team right now..

5. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

True! And I feel he wil get back his form soon...just need a little support and chance.... rem how he came back years later ...after being dropped without given the chance to play a single match when he was included in the team for the first time....

6. floyd_da_barber

floyd_da_barber New Member

u r rite ... u cant xpect a guy to score a century or even a half century evrytime he goes out to bat... evry1 goes thru troubld times.. u jus cant diminish da fact dat he playd solid in da 2nd test.. his dropping frm the team will hav its consequences.. :mad: .. jus wait n watch...

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i seriously doubt that dravid is half the natural born leader of men that ganguly is.

and i dont think so he can handle the pressure of a test series in pakistan against pak, let alone against australia in australia. or even hold the team together in the world cup the way ganguly did after australia thrashed us in the first match.

wins against sri lanka that to at home dont even count for peanuts.

8. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

True! Lets wait and watch till those real series are played rather than this series against SL in the home ground.... we will know who is a better skipper....

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

.....!!!!

And 6 months on, we still share opinions :beer:

It's like with the Australians......The current lot will probably always be tagged "Steve Waugh's" team since he built it from near rock bottom (Rock bottom being rather relative since their performance has always been quite good) and it's the same with this 11 that India has. They might perform well but the credit of building the team shall stay with Ganguly no matter how short public memory be.

We needed a Ganguly then. We need a Ganguly now. However, the difference between the Ganguly of a couple years ago and now is the respect that he automatically commanded then. He was at the top of his game and having been in such a slump cannot really be in control now. This is why I'm not entirely unhappy with the captaincy issue even though it's obvious that he's probably the best man for the job.

Another thing I cannot fathom is the constant shuffling of openers. How on earth would you build chemistry if you drop them at the first sign on failure? It started with S.S.Das who looked to be a solid chap but got dropped after failing in West Indies. Then came Sanjay Bangar in England. Sure he was slow and barely scored but he did what was important....take the shine of the new ball and stick around just long enough to do that and then leave a clearer field for Dravid, Sachin, Sourav to score. After suddenly appointing Aakash Chopra who did get starts in most innings in Australia, they dropped him after one bad series in Pakistan. Now it seems that Gambhir is set to be dealt the same way....

10. all_that_rocks

all_that_rocks New Member

Boy! No offence meant but I wont be surprised if sumthing like the Kale episode is involved here ...........considering what a bunch of jerks we have as selectors.........

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

lmao !

we already do. dravid or anybody for that matter ha a hope in hell of bettering ganguly's record as skipper.

ganguly took over the indian team at its very LOWEST point. getting white washed is nothig new to indian cricket. on top of that we had match fixing scandals at that time. our best bet for the future - tendulkar had resigned from captaincy.

thats when ganguly took over. made india a good test side. and good odi side. under ganguly, the indian test team was the best test side we ever had. and the second best odi side we ever had - only gavaskar's champion of champions side in 85 was better.

and gangul'y team is almost entirely his own construct.

aside of tendulkar and kumble, all of them owe something or the other to ganguly.
    yuvraj, kaif, shewag, nehra, zaheer, harbajan, dravid, laxman, balaji, pathan, etal. not since imran khan has anyone had a greater contribution in team building.

he taught them attitide, to look opponents in the eye, to give as good as they got. taught them not to buckle under a steve waugh.

now the team is rudderless and neutered. if they are playing well its out of inertia of being a good side under ganguly.

wait for 2 more months. the fog will lift.

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

& have an orphan team?

13. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

I knw ... Ganguly is anyday a better captain than Dravid... and thts what I meant in my post ... let the PAk and Aussie series come .. every1 (who still thinks Dravid is a better captain) will knw ... what India team is missing .....

No! An all-mumbaikar team I guess!!

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

tht wud mean kick out Pathan, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Laxman, Kaif, Dhoni, Bhajji, Dravid etc....

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and a year and a half on, we bring this thread back and dance in victory.

16. NFR

NFR Nightfire... X Treme

NE1 still wants 2 send ganguly out of d team? NO ANS... ok he stays.... & ROCKS D Crickt team...