Should i stick with acoustic guitar or move to electric ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apurbajd, Sep 2, 2005.

1. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Well guyz ... I am just another beginner and I have been playing the acoustic for quite some time ..... I was just wondering if should spend some more time with my aucostic or I can move to Electric one now itself.... meaning to continue learning both aucostic and electric simultaneously ... what do u guyz suggest ...??

And I dont have any idea about electric guitars so if u guyz can pls suggest me which guitar would be good enough to start with (and the amp also), and as I dont have a bigger budget .. plz give me some low cost soultion... Guyz .. pls help me out .... :think:

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

the thing u could play on electric will be quite difficult on acoustic ...

and the sound of acoustic u can never get in electric ...

so u kinda havta decide which way u wanna go ...

3. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Well even though I like both ............. I will still go for electric if I had to choose btn them ....

But tell me if I can learn electric without learning the aucostic ........ I thought the aucostic is a necesssity ...

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nope ... no such thing ...
    most of the ppl start at acoustic coz that is waht they can afford ...
    second is that most of the acoustics are cheaper than elec setup ...

so somehow down the line if u lose the enthu ,,, u have sunk less money ... so low wastage risk ...

5. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Okey I got it ............. and I have decided on electric now ........... so what do u say sslayer ? Which guitar shall I get just to start with .. and how much it will cost ..??

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ... electric mein u got tons of choice ...
    Givsons are there which are low end ...
    Tansens are slightly costly ..
    Comets (they are not indian - SE Asia i guess) - same as tansen ...
    Some dude make custom guitars too ... others will soon post on that ...
    then u can get Ibanez, Epiphone, Gibson, Fender ... international brands also ...

cheap will be the top 3 ones ...

i have one givson that cost me Rs 3200 ... iahve seen some givsons that would be more than 7000 ... depends on model

then u need an ampliifer ... o chaep one will be 1500-2000 ... and Marshall's cheapest one wil be 3500 ...
    b.t.w. MArshall; comes wil built-in overdrive ... so u can switch from clean sound to overdriven sound ...

u want to pla further then u might consider Procesors and effects pedals ,,, but that coems later

7. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Thanx a lot dude...... thats hell lot of info for me as I dont know anything bout electric guitar .... well I think then I can afford one givson electric and an amp in the range u told...... lets see .. anyway thanx again ....

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

wait ! ...

my advise always is taht ... go to the shop ... better if u have a freind who plays electric ..
    and PLAY on different equipment ... jugde the price vs desire curve and decide accordingly ...

dont just go by what i said ... u might encounter many more brands than what i have said ... anyway there are thousands of things to lok out for when u r buying a guitar ...
    icannot list 'em ... thats y i say take an elec guitar player along ... if possibel

and one more thing ... if the shop person can play demos ... it is even better ... coz i feel a person who cannot play guitar has no right to sell it to others ...

9. shak

shak Harrr!

@sss: does that means that a diabetic cant sell sugar sweets? ... kiddin now dun start "arent diabetics human" thing with me .....

yeah ....do try out the guitar before you buy ..dun go on brands ...... use your ears

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ... ideally spoeaking he shouldn't coz he wont be knowing anything about it ...